Thai Square - Trafalgar Square
About Thai Square - Trafalgar Square
Thai Square holds its own amongst the huge themed restaurants on Trafalgar Square. A genuinely attractive space, it has heavy wooden doors, traditional artefacts and sprays of exotic flowers dotted around a bright ’n’ airy two-floor dining room. This is a big restaurant (as big as its gargantuan sister Minories, in the City) well suited to large groups - there’s a big downstairs club with a late licence. Although the ground floor can be romantique if you’re dining à deux. Food wise, expect the familiar: pad thai, green curry, seafood salad, red duck curry - all healthy, fresh, delicious and served by endearingly friendly staff. Recommended as a reliable, affordable central London eaterie.
Sample a la carte
- "Thai square" selection (chicken satay, marinated and char-grilled served with spicy peanut sauce - minimum two people)
- Poh pia goong (prawn spring roll served with chilli sauce)
- Gai hor bai teoy (chicken pieces marinated with our secret ingredients, individually wrapped in spinach leaves and deep fried served with a sweet chilli sauce)
- Kanom jeeb (Thai dim sum served with a soya vinaigrette dressing)
Other starters are available.
- Gang kiew wan (choice of beef, chicken or prawn green curry uses fresh green chilli and is cooked in coconut milk with pea aubergines, lime leaves and sweet basil leaves - relatively hot)
- Gang dang (choice of beef, chicken or prawn red curry uses dried long red chilli instead of fresh green chilli and is not so hot cooked in coconut milk with bamboo shoots, lime leaves and basil leaves and garnished with shredded red chilli)
- Gang pa (jungle curry - choice of beef, chicken or venison: jungle curry with dried long red chilli cooked in chicken broth with fresh, young green pepper corns, shredded grachai, aubergines, bamboo shoots and long beans)
- Panang curry (choice of beef, chicken or prawn cooked in coconut cream, presented relatively dry and garnished with shredded lime leaves)
- Mussamun curry (choice of beef, chicken or lamb: mild Muslim ragout from the south of Thailand, cooked in rich coconut curry sauce with onions and peanuts)
- Gang phed ped yang (red duck curry cooked in coconut milk with lychees, pineapple and lime leaves)
Other main courses are available.
- A selection of desserts are available.
21-24 Cockspur Street, Trafalgar Square, SW1Y 5BL
£24 and Under
Mon - Thu 12pm - 3pm
5:30pm - 11:30pm
Fr i - Sat 5:30pm - 1am
Sun 12pm - 3pm
5:30pm - 10:30pm