Thai Square - Minories
About Thai Square - Minories
You can’t miss him that’s for sure. Dominating the Eastern scene at this huge buzzy branch of Thai Square is a 21-foot Buddha. A serene presence among the City frenzy. Bare wood bench-style tables and gentle yellow lighting further enhance the ancient mixed with modern minimalist look that characterise the Thai Square chain. But it’s the fantastic food that really attracts the animated crowds. The long menu has novice-friendly mixed starter platters, lots of salads, and a strong vegetarian selection as well as the more familiar tom yum soup, pad thai, and sweet ’n’ spicy green and red curries. Fast and efficient service makes it a top spot for quick working lunches.
Sample a la carte
- "Thai square" selection (chicken satay, marinated and char-grilled served with spicy peanut sauce - minimum two people)
- Poh pia goong (prawn spring roll served with chilli sauce)
- Gai hor bai teoy (chicken pieces marinated with our secret ingredients, individually wrapped in spinach leaves and deep fried served with a sweet chilli sauce)
- Kanom jeeb (Thai dim sum served with a soya vinaigrette dressing)
Other starters are available.
- Gang kiew wan (choice of beef, chicken or prawn green curry uses fresh green chilli and is cooked in coconut milk with pea aubergines, lime leaves and sweet basil leaves - relatively hot)
- Gang dang (choice of beef, chicken or prawn red curry uses dried long red chilli instead of fresh green chilli and is not so hot cooked in coconut milk with bamboo shoots, lime leaves and basil leaves and garnished with shredded red chilli)
- Gang pa (jungle curry - choice of beef, chicken or venison: jungle curry with dried long red chilli cooked in chicken broth with fresh, young green pepper corns, shredded grachai, aubergines, bamboo shoots and long beans)
- Panang curry (choice of beef, chicken or prawn cooked in coconut cream, presented relatively dry and garnished with shredded lime leaves - relatively hot)
- Mussamun curry (choice of beef, chicken or lamb: mild Muslim ragout from the south of Thailand, cooked in rich coconut curry sauce with onions and peanuts)
- Gang phed ped yang (red duck curry cooked in coconut milk with lychees, pineapple and lime leaves)
Other main courses are available.
- A selection of desserts are available.
136 - 138 Minories, EC3N 1NT
£25 - £34
Mon - Fri 12.00 - 10.00pm