Thai Square - Putney Bridge
About Thai Square - Putney Bridge
Amongst the youngest in the deservedly popular Thai Square chain, Thai Square Putney enjoys a prime spot adjacent to the bridge. But it's not just the picturesque location that attracts the buzzy, well-to-do crowd. There's the exotic cocktails served in the bell-adorned entrance bar, and then there's the fantastic food served by friendly staff in the light, airy dining room above. The menu consists mainly of familiar Thai-restaurant staples, including pad thai noodles, cracking curries (red, green, yellow, roast duck) and pan fried dishes. The exclusive dishes deserve particular attention, especially black cod in a wonderful chu chee sauce topped with coconut cream. The vegetarian section is impressively long. A strong wine list features organic choices. A good value Thai experience.
Sample a la carte
- "Thai square" selection (chicken satay, marinated and char-grilled served with spicy peanut sauce - minimum two people)
- Poh pia goong (prawn spring roll served with chilli sauce)
- Gai hor bai teoy (chicken pieces marinated with our secret ingredients, individually wrapped in spinach leaves and deep fried served with a sweet chilli sauce)
- Kanom jeeb (Thai dim sum served with a soya vinaigrette dressing)
Other starters are available.
- Gang kiew wan (choice of beef, chicken or prawn green curry uses fresh green chilli and is cooked in coconut milk with pea aubergines, lime leaves and sweet basil leaves - relatively hot)
- Gang dang (choice of beef, chicken or prawn red curry uses dried long red chilli instead of fresh green chilli and is not so hot cooked in coconut milk with bamboo shoots, lime leaves and basil leaves and garnished with shredded red chilli)
- Gang pa (jungle curry - choice of beef, chicken or venison: jungle curry with dried long red chilli cooked in chicken broth with fresh, young green pepper corns, shredded grachai, aubergines, bamboo shoots and long beans)
- Panang curry (choice of beef, chicken or prawn cooked in coconut cream, presented relatively dry and garnished with shredded lime leaves - relatively hot)
- Mussamun curry (choice of beef, chicken or lamb: mild Muslim ragout from the south of Thailand, cooked in rich coconut curry sauce with onions and peanuts)
- Gang phed ped yang (red duck curry cooked in coconut milk with lychees, pineapple and lime leaves)
Other main courses are available.
- A selection of desserts are available.
1 Embankment, SW15 1LB
£25 - £34
Mon - Thurs 12pm - 3pm and 5:30pm - 11pm
Fri - Sat 12pm - 3pm and 5:30pm - 11:30pm
Sun 12pm - 3pm and 5:30pm - 10:30pm