The Raj lives on in Kent. The door to Tamasha, opens on a world of devoted hospitality, cuisine and décor. In the Cricket Bar you can admire the spoils of thirteen years of passionate acquisition of cricket memorabilia, including Sir Vivian Richards' own autographed bat. The main dining room is a traditional assemblage of ceiling fans, rattan chairs, comfy upholstery, white napery and photographs of the days of the Raj. Live entertainment adds to the ambience early in the week, and children have their own entertainment during Sunday lunch - making a relaxing meal for parents. Award-winning chefs use the freshest ingredients to create pan-Indian dishes like starter of chicken nilgiri tikka, main courses of Goan jhinga balchao with fried prawns, classic bhuna gosht, or highly recommended butter chicken. Good choice of wines and beers complements the menu. Parking available.
Sample a la carte
- Mixed Kebab Karara (An assortment of boti kebab, chicken nilgiri tikka, seekh kebab and chiken tikka, all marinated and cooked in the tandoor) £5.50
- Chicken Niligiri Tikka (Boneless chicken pieces marinated in dark rum and several indian spices, fresh coriander and ground mint and then cooked in the tandoor - a real delicacy from the Nilgiri hills) £5.50
- Mussel Hara Masala (Freshly cooked mussels tossed with tomato, spring onions and garlic,flavoured with lemon grass) £6.25
- Batakh Samosas (Savoury duck mince stuffed in a crusty pastry, deep-fried and served with tamarind chutney) £5.95
Other starters are available.
- Tawa chicken (juliennes of chicken cooked on a flat iron griddle with green peppers, onion, tomatoes and fresh herbs)
- Nilgiri jhinga masala (marinated barbecue king prawns in mint and corriander, then cooked in a sauce of onions, ginger, garlic and coriander seed) £11.95
- Tamasha’s mix platter (tandoori mixed grill, achari murg tikka, seekh kebab, nilgiri tikka, tandoori king prawn and salmon garnished with grilled onions and fresh coriander) £12.95
- Tandoori chaat (roasted sweet potato, green apple, broccoli, pineapple and courgettes spiced with black salt, pomegranate powder, cumin and cooked in the tandoor) £8.95
- Achari gosht tt(tender pieces of baby lamb cooked in a tangy yoghurt sauce with pickle spice) £9.95
- Raan jaipuri (marinated roast leg of lamb) t (a maharaja’s dish from jaipur - leg of lamb marinated with dark rum, red wine, garlic, ginger, cumin and mustard seeds, garnished with golden-brown onions, fresh coriander and roasted almonds and served in its own sauce) £11.95
Other main courses are available.
- A selection of desserts are available.
131 Widmore Road, BR1 3AX
Bromley South (BR)
£35 and under
Mon - Fri: 12pm - 2:30pm & 6pm - 10:30pm
Sat & Sun: 12pm - 2:30pm & 6pm - 11pm