Shish - Old Street
About Shish - Old Street
Obviously on to a winner in Willesden Green, Shish opened a second branch in Hoxton, just as buzzy as the aforementioned first. A modern kebaberie at heart, this small but perfectly formed chain specialises in healthy, good value skewered dishes originating in Silk Road countries. In the white, bright open plan brasserie-style restaurant a sleek dining bar allows you to see exactly how freshly your meal is being prepared. Down the spiral staircase is a beautiful Oriental-themed bar, populated with funky stools and comfy booths. Laidback global beats combine with low lighting to create a happy, comfortable vibe, much appreciated by the fashionable 20 and 30-something Shoreditch crowd.
Sample a la carte
- Cucumber wasabi (strips of pickled cucumber, dressed in wasabi and ginger)
- Tabbouleh (tender pieces of bulger wheat, fresh tomato, cucumber, spring onion, mint, parsley and a squeeze of lemon juice)
Spinach & cheese borek (spinach, feta cheese and walnut wrapped in filo and served with dip)
- Chicken in pandana leaves (marinated in soy, sesame, garlic, wrapped in pandana leaf, deep fried and served with dip)
- Red & green falafel (chick peas, fresh soft green herbs or paprika, cumin seed & tomato, served with lemon and dip)
Other starters are available.
- Mediterranean lamb shish (diced lamb marinated in olive oil, garlic, parsley and a hint of red chilli)
- Chicken satay (chicken enriched with coconut milk, palm sugar and peanuts)
- Halloumi cheese (halloumi cheese, peppers, red onion and rosemary potatoes)
- Kashmiri lamb wraps (cubes of lamb marinated in ginger, garlic, yoghurt and spices. Wrapped in a pitta with spiced tomato and fresh salad leaves)
- Afghan chicken wrap (chicken in a marinade of yoghurt, garlic, lemon and spices. Wrapped in a pitta with courgette tzatziki and fresh salad leaves)
- Falafel wraps (crispy balls of ground chick peas with herbs, served wrapped in a pitta with green tahini and fresh green leaves)
Other main courses are available.
- A selection of desserts is available.
313 - 319 Old Street, EC1V 9LE
£24 and Under
Mon - Fri 11:30am - 12am
Sat 10:30am - 12am
Sun 10:30am - 10:30pm