If you aspire to dine among British aristocracy, MPs and captains of industry, then don a suit and nip to Wiltons. Opened in 1742, it remains the epitome of traditional fine English dining in both décor and food. Its many original decorative features and discreet atmosphere feed the established sense of exclusivity and distinctive Old World appeal. It serves oysters and game, but is best known for its unfailingly fresh fish and seafood. Lobster, crab and truffle omelette is a pure pleasure; roast grouse a speech-stopping triumph, and the classic sherry trifle irresistible . The atmospheric Oyster and Seafood Bar remains a favourite haunt for regulars. And there are many of them. Delightful, genteel service.
Sample a la carte
- Cold or warm potted shrimps £12.00
- Avocado pear with white crab meat £15.00
- Lobster bisque Newburg £12.00
- Hot or cold beef consommé £9.00
Other starters are available.
- Mushroom on toast £9.50
- Fillet steak £30.00
- Lamb kidneys and bacon £15.00
- Lamb cutlets £24.00
- Dover sole meunière £38.00
- Poached wild turbot £44.00
Other main courses are available.
- A selection of desserts are available.
55 Jermyn Street, St James’, SW1Y 6LX
£45 and over
(No Bank Holidays)
Jackets for gentlemen required.