Yes, really. Gallery is an actual art gallery that boasts work by some of Britain and France's brightest young lights - Damien Hirst, David Begbie, Gavin Turk, Mark Quinn for instance -- and it's also a restaurant, bar and club. A bit of the West End in North London, they say and we'd add Hoxton, Shoreditch and some of the groovier studios south of the river. Décor is contemporary modern to give the artworks room to breathe. Early twentieth century works feature in the dining room, which chef Stephen Englefield complements with his own works of art on the plate. The cuisine is English, but with French underpinnings and features dishes like starter of orange and cardamom braised oxtail with house-made gnocchi, main course of the chef's favourite roast saddle of lamb with cauliflower puree and grain mustard sauce, and dessert of prune and armagnac crème brulee.
Sample a la carte
- Winter vegetable broth With fresh herbs £5.00
- Goat Cheese Ravioli Tomato fondue and olives £6.50
- Tiger Prawns Chilli, Garlic and Basil Oil £6.50
- Beef Carpaccio with wild rocket, capers and aged parmesan £7.00
Other starters are available.
- Braised Cumbrian Lamb Shoulder on colcannon and root vegetables £16.00
- Barbary Duck Breast, Confit Leg, plum compote with seared foie gras £16.50
- Venison Saddle, confit beetroot, celeriac puree with black pepper and raspberry sauce £17.50
- Scottish Fillet of Beef (9oz), mushroom, bacon and onion with horseradish sauce £20.00
- Wild Halibut with black pepper crust, marinated potato and salad garnish £18.00
- House made linguine Wild mushrooms, truffle oil and shaved pecorino £12.00
Other main courses are available.
- A selection of desserts are available.
407-411 Hendon Way, NW4 3LH
£25 - £34
Tue - Sat 6:30pm - 11pm
Sun 12:30pm - 6pm & 6:30pm - 11pm
Smart Casual - No trainers, tracksuits, caps or vests