About Souk Medina
Inspired by the popularity of his award-winning Souk Bazaar on Litchfield Street, Samir Mahdi has opened a substantially larger bar and restaurant nearby. Happily, the same guarantees apply - affordable North African food, fun atmosphere and a relaxed crowd. In the subtly-lit cave-like downstairs restaurant diners sit on colourful low seating and luxurious floor cushions. If you just want a sit down and a natter in comfort, there's also an atmospheric tranquil tea room and candle-lit cocktail lounge.
Sample a la carte
- Moutable (grilled aubergine purée with garlic & tahini) £4.95
- Sautéed chicken liver, with garlic & coriander £4.95
- Merguez (lamb sausage), grilled or with tomato sauce £4.95
- Seafood salad with cumin dressing £4.95
Other starters are available
- Lamb with chick peas & harissa sauce (slightly spicy) £11.95
- Chicken with feta cheese & spinach £10.95
- Baked seabass, with garlic & herbs £12.95
- Char grilled chicken with salad £10.95
- Moussaka layers of aubergine, chick peas, & tomato served with saffron rice) £9.95
- Duck with apple and cinammon sauce £12.95
Other main courses are available
A selection of desserts is available.
1A Short Gardens, Covent Garden, WC2H 9AT
A 12.5% discretionary service charge will be added to your bill.
£25 - £34
Mon - Sun: 12pm - 11:30pm