Chez Gerard - Bishopsgate
About Chez Gerard - Bishopsgate
We love London, don't get us wrong. But sometimes, just sometimes, we can't help but crave a little bit of France. Which is where Bishopsgate's Chez Gerard comes in. Restaurants just don't come any more Parisian than this 1930s inspired brasserie where the décor is light, bright, simple and stylish. And what speaks of France more than mouthwateringly perfect food - succulent steaks accompanied by piping hot 'frites', fresh and summery Nicoise salads, and, oh how could we forget? Delicate tarte tatin served with just melting crème fraiche. And let's not forget the wine... over sixty specialities. Well, what's a French meal without it?
Sample a la carte
- Soupe a l’oignon (traditional French onion soup with gruyere cheese croutons) £4.95
- Terrine de porc fermier du pays basque (coarse free range pork pate made in pays basque served with toasted pave perene bread and chilli pepper jam) £5.75
- Salade de chevre chaud (grilled goat’s cheese topped with toasted hazelnuts on mixed leaves) £5.95
- Escargots de bourgogne (a dozen burgundy snails baked in garlic butter) £7.25
Other starters are available.
- Poulet grille, jus de rotl (simply grilled corn fed chicken with provencal herbs and chicken jus) £11.50
- Confit de canard aux pommes sarladaise (duck confit with sauteed potatoes, braised onions and thyme) £12.95
- Bouef bourguignon (braised beef in syrah red wine with sauteed button onions, button mushrooms, smoked lardons and chantenay carrots) £13.95
- Foie de veau grille au lard, pomme mousseline (grilled french calf liver and grilled smoked bacon served with mashed potato) £15.50
- Paillard de veau (grilled french veal escalope with fresh lemon) £16.95
- Medallions de beouf poeles, champignon et sauce bearnaise (pan fried medallions of beef with grilled flat mushrooms, glazed with bearnaise sauce) £18.25
Other main meals are available.
- Choix de glaces et sorbets (lemon,mango or raspberry sorbets, vanilla pod, bitter chocolate, praline or coffee ice cream) £4.50
- Ananas roti au caramel, sorbet mangue (roasted pineapple in butterscotch sauce with mango sorbet) £4.50
- Tarte au citron (french lemon tart, creme fraiche and blackcurrant puree) £4.75
- Petit pot ’Valrhona’ bitter (valrhona bitter chocolate mousse, orange compote, raspberry puree and crushed hazelnuts) £4.75
Other desserts are available.
64 Bishopsgate, EC2N 4AW
£35 - £44
Mon - Fri 7:30am - 12am