About Harry’s Bar
Though Harry’s Bar in the City has nothing to do with its Mayfair namesake, it does share a great atmosphere and vibe. Tucked away in an old cobbled yard near Cannon Street station, this place prides itself on the quality of its food, wine and service. A fine British/Modern European menu succeeds to satisfy every time with the likes of smooth duck liver and Grand Marnier pate served with brioche toast; grilled monkfish and chorizo brochette or char-grilled angus fillet steak. A handful of classy pasta dishes pleases the carb-fans. This is a very easy place to feel comfortable in, between the smart yet homely furnishings and the faultless service.
Sample a la carte
- Medley of seafood marinated in a lemon, lime and virgin olive oil dressing £6.95
- Grilled aubergines and cherry mozzarella on a rocket nest with basil dressing £6.50
- Duck liver pate with apple and cider and toasted brioche £6.25
- Avocado, beef tomato and artichoke salad with reduced balsamic dressing £6.50
Other starters are available.
- Tagliatelle with prawns, peas and fresh mint in a bouillabaisse cream sauce £13.95
- Smoked salmon hash brown with poached egg and grain mustard sauce on Caesar salad £16.95
- Grilled swordfish steak with sauce Vierge, served with spring onions and new Jersey potatoes £16.95
- Veal escalope in a cream of Roquefort sauce and served with braised saffron rice £16.95
- Supreme of organic chicken Provencal with fresh tomato and basil salsa served with braised rice £15.95
- Finest pork sausages with smoked pancetta served on creamy mash with a shallot jus £11.95
Other main courses are available.
- Warm apple and custard tart with cinnamon ice cream £5.50
- Chocolate brownie cheesecake with fresh cream £5.50
- Sticky toffee or strawberry jam steamed sponge served with fresh custard £5.50
- Summer pudding with vanilla ice cream £5.50
Other desserts are available.
5 Abchurch Yard, Abchurch Lane, EC4N 7BA
£25 - £34
Mon - Fri: 11am - 11pm
last orders for food is 9:30pm