Wright Brothers Oyster and Porter House
About Wright Brothers Oyster and Porter House
Borough Market has increasingly become London's favourite foodie haven. And after filling your Cath Kidston shopping basket with artisan loaves and seasonal leeks you'll probably need some refreshment. Wright Brothers couldn't be further away from the greasy spoons usually associated with markets. This Oyster and Porter House grew out of a company supplying wholesale oysters so rest assured they really know their stuff. Sitting on barrels outdoors or on a high stool inside the classically decorated dining room you'll be able to enjoy, not only the buzz and bustle of the market atmosphere, but truly amazing seafood freshly shucked in front of you. It's not only the oysters which will impress - daily specials from scallops to grilled prawns are consistently brilliant.
Sample daily specials
- Oyster rarebits £6.50
- Potted shrimp & toasts £11.30
- Fish soup & saffron rouille £7.20
- Shell-On Atlantic Prawns £8.50
Other starters are available.
- Scampi with tartare sauce £11.95
- Moules du bouchot mariniere £9.75
- Deep fried squid £9.25
- Traditional fish pie with salmon & smoked haddock £14.50
- Beef Guinness & oyster pie £15.80
- Lobster thermidor £19.50
Other main courses are available.
- Hand made Cointreau truffles £3.00
- Neal's Yard cheese plate, biscuits, grapes & quince jelly £7.75
Other desserts are available.
11 Stoney Street, SE1 9AD
£35 - £44
Mon - Sat 12pm - 3pm & 6pm - 10:30pm
Oysters & Fruits de mer served throughout the day.