About City Limits
In an historic part of London like Spitalfields, it's especially gratifying to find a winebar that's been run by the same friendly family - and chef - for 21 years. There's a satisfying air of familiarity at City Limits, where most of the crowd have known each other for years. Looking smart in shades of cream and brown, the glassy ground-floor bar leads to the quieter Victorian-beamed restaurant below where you can tuck into an international menu of Italian-style rabbit bowl, Morrocan sausages and Cajun chicken. A great place to lose an afternoon with friends/colleagues and some fine reds. Please note, the a la carte lunch menu is only served at lunch. The fondue menu is the only food served in the evenings at City Limits.
Sample lunch menu
- Avocado, smoked salmon & crayfish salad, dill mayonnaise £8.50
- Fresh queen scallops lightly breadcrumbed, deep fried served with tartare sauce £7.50
- Serrano wrapped jumbo asparagus roasted with parmesan £7.95
- Thai fishcakes (spicy) with sweet chilli sauce £6.95
Other starters are available.
- Fillet of catfish pan-fried with lemon, lime & fresh ginger butter £9.50
- Chicken llanganador (supreme of chicken stuffed with welsh rarebit roasted, topped with honeyroast ham) £8.95
- Calves liver pan-fried with red wine sauce topped with grilled bacon £11.50
- Rump of welsh lamb chargrilled served with a rosemary redcurrant jus £11.95
- Feta club burger feta cheese, avocado, pesto, sun-blushed tomatoes & olive mayonnaise in toasted bun £7.95
Other main courses are available.
A selection of desserts is available.
16 - 18 Brushfield Street, Old Spitalfeilds, E1 6AN
All prices are inclusive of vat. A discretionary 12.5% service charge will be added to the bill.
£45 and under
Lunch: Mon - Fri 12pm- 3:30pm
Dinner: Tue - Fri 5:30pm - 8:30pm