About The Green
The Green is possibly the most amiable of Clerkenwell Green's hang outs, most of which are highly styled bars. The compact gastropub-style wooden interior is matched with friendly staff, quality beers on tap, and happy European /English cooking. Lunch serves a modern offering of fresh fish and meat dishes, homemade pies and desserts, replaced by a popular tapas selection in the evenings. The ground floor bar gets especially busy in summer when the crowd spills out onto picnic benches on the pavement. Upstairs in the beautiful Victorian-style dining room is quieter. Here they serve the serve a larger menu of hearty sharing dishes, home cooked pies and fish stews. The Green is a good choice for relaxed lunches and after-work drinks.
Sample Sunday roasts menu
- Horseradish and maple roasted sirloin of British beef served with roast garlic,
roast parsnips and onion gravy £12.95
- Roast corn-fed chicken with a chorizo stuffing, greens and real chicken gravy £11.10
- Roast loin of pork, stuffed baked apple, red cabbage and onion gravy £11.50
- Roast Salmon with crushed new potatoes, black olives and harissa £12.50
- Flat mushroom rarebit with spinach and pine nut salad £9.95
- Chocolate and rum truffle £3.50
- Apple crumble with organic vanilla ice-cream £3.50
- Peach Melba £3.50
- Fresh fruit salad with cream £3.50
- Stilton, biscuits and a glass of Port £6.50
29 Clerkenwell Green, EC1R 0DU
This menu is available 12pm - 4:30pm & 6pm - 9pm
All mains are served with a bowl of roast potatoes, Yorkshire pudding and market vegetables.
A discretionary 12.5% service charge will be added to your bill.
£24 and under
Mon - Fri 12pm - 3pm & 6pm - 9pm
Sat 12pm - 4pm
Sun 12pm - 4:30pm & 6pm - 9pm