Metro Bar & Grill
About Metro Bar & Grill
A cosmopolitan restaurant serving fusion cuisine and killer cocktails, the Metro Bar & Grill is a haven for Upper Street's stylish crowd. With a chic, cafeteria style ambience combining stylish lighting and dark wood furniture, Metro's bustling service makes for an upbeat vibe. The Asian fusion menu is both authentic and inventive with attention paid to the way you want to eat, ranging in size from small snacklike portions to large main-sized plates. You'll find a selection of dishes such as Tiger Prawn and Scallop Spaghetti which use Asian flavours to complement European ingredients and methods.
Meanwhile the bar offers a wide selection of cocktails both classic and original.
Sample a la carte
- Spiced corn fritters with rocket salad and roasted pepper & tomato relish £4.95
- Bang bang chicken with a ribbon salad, toasted sesame seed & peanut sauce £4.95
- Sauté new potatoes, rocket & red onions £4.00
- Lemon grass squid noodle crispy dumplings with sweet chilli & coriander dipping sauce £4.95
Other starters are available.
- Dressed asian flat rice noodles with asian mushrooms, ginger, shallots, spring
onions, beansprouts, chilli & peanuts £7.50
- Crispy seared sea bass with sautéed artichokes and asparagus salad with coriander yoghurt £10.50
- Tangerine chicken on a risotto cake with shitake mushrooms, babycorn & spring onions £8.95
- Lamb chops with a rocket & mint pesto, a medley of chickpeas, mange tout and scallions £11.50
- Rib eye beef fillet with maple roasted carrots, beetroot, parsnip & Spanish onion batons and a wasabi hollandaise sauce £12.95
- Hoy sin glazed duck breast, shitake mushrooms and radicchio dressed salad £12.50
Other main courses are available.
- Chocolate & hazelnut brownie & ice cream £4.50
- Baked cheesecake infused with strawberry and star anise £4.50
- Vanilla bean crepes with golden rum macerated fruits £4.50
- Passion fruit & papaya tart £4.50
Other desserts are available.
270 Upper Street, N1 2UQ
Highbury & Islington
2 courses and a complimentary happy hour cocktail/small glass of house wine for £15 all evening Tues - Thurs and until 7pm Fri- Sun.
A discretionary service charge of 10% will be added for tables of 4 or more.
£24 and under
Tues - Fri 6pm - 12am
Sat 5pm - 12am
Sun 1pm - 10pm