Acorn House Restaurant
About Acorn House Restaurant
Come to Acorn House Restaurant in London's King's Cross for a great meal and leave with a clear conscience. Acorn House is London's very first completely eco-friendly restaurant, from the veg ink on the menus to the used chip fat that runs Acorn's green taxi service to the eco-friendly means by which the seasonal ingredients arrive at the kitchen, this restaurant leads the way. The design is sleek and modern with a visible kitchen at one end. Head Chef Arthur Potts changes the Modern London menu at least monthly to take advantage of peak produce. (Psst. Try Acorn's beetroot soup.) The international wine list features Sussex and Kentish labels and a training programme benefits local people.
Sample a la carte
- Prosciutto di san Danielle, roast aubergine, seeds & sprouts £10.50
- Smoked mackerel with grilled celeriac, salsify & chives £9.50
- Spring beetroot, Jersey Royals, Amalfi olives & chilli £8.00
- Mozzarella di bufala, artichokes & aged balsamic vinegar £9.50
Other starters are available.
- Tagliatelle, ragu of spring lamb, mint & peas £14.00
- Spring herb ravioli & fresh ricotta £13.00
- Aubergine, spinach, goats cheese & grilled red chilli sauce £13.50
- Roast pork chop, soy, honey & thyme £17.00
- Pan fried organic salmon fillet & borlotti beans £17.00
- Char grilled leg of lamb, anchovy & rosemary sauce £18.50
Other main courses are available.
- Rice pudding, baked nespole & hazelnut biscotti £6.50
- Apple pie, cinnamon & clotted cream £6.50
- Spiced warm flourless chocolate cake & ginger ice cream £6.50
- Poached rhubarb, sable stars & custard £6.50
Other desserts are available.
69 Swinton Street, WC1X 9NT
£55 - £64
Mon - Fri 8am - 10:30am, 12pm - 3pm and 6pm - 10pm