Dexter’s - Clapham
About Dexter’s - Clapham
Dexters is the American place among a clutch of chain restaurants on Clapham’s Abbeville Road. The look is decidedly New York - dark wood, black and red furnishings, and monochrome photos of James Dean, Marilyn and co. You’re pretty much guaranteed a laid back, friendly atmosphere because the crowd is more often than not made up of regulars; young families by day, and a slightly more grown up set at night when the lights are dimmed. Pick of the menu is the chargrill steaks and burgers. And from the junior menu, fish and chips, and hot dogs. Weather permitting, it’s nice to sit on the handful of tables outside.
Sample brunch menu
- Dexters full English (two free range eggs, smoked back bacon, Cumberland
sausage, grilled field mushrooms, grilled tomato and toast) £4.95
- Dexters big breakfast (smoked back bacon, two free range eggs, two Cumberland
sausages, hash browns, baked beans, grilled tomato, grilled field mushrooms, toast, your choice of fruit juice
and tea or coffee) £8.75
- Vegetarian breakfast (two free range eggs, vegetarian sausage, grilled field mushrooms, hash browns, baked beans, grilled tomatoes and toast) £4.95
- Scrambled eggs (creamy scrambled free range eggs with smoked salmon and toast) £6.50
- Classic eggs benedict £6.25 (two poached free range eggs with smoked back bacon, on an English muffin with hollandaise sauce) £6.25
- Pancakes (with maple syrup, fresh berries and Greek yoghurt) £6.50
- Fresh fruit kick start (banana, pineapple, berries, passion fruit, honey and Greek yoghurt) £4.95
- Dexters bacon sandwich (with char-grilled smoked back bacon, served on country paese bread) £3.55
36 - 38 Abbeville Road, Clapham, SW4 9NG
This menu is available until 1:00pm.
A 12.5% optional service charge will be added to your bill.
£24 and Under
Mon - Thurs: 12pm - 11pm
Fri: 12pm - 11:30pm
Sat: 10am - 11:30pm
Sun: 10am - 10pm