About Hiba Restaurant
Hiba, with its warm, earthy interior, is a comfortable and friendly Lebanese restaurant (indeed, the only one in the vicinity) motivated by providing the best service and freshest food possible. Conveniently situated right between Borough and London Bridge tube stations in the heart of the capital, their enthusiastic staff provide up to date takes on traditional and modern Lebanese cuisine, each dish prepared fresh and grilled over hot charcoals in their special Ocakbasi kitchen.
Sample a la carte
- Hommos (chickpea purée with sesame paste (tahine) and lemon juice) £3.50
- Moutabal baba ghanouj (grilled aubergines puree mixed with sesame paste (tahine), and lemon juice) £3.95
- Falafel (deep-fried bean and fi ne herb croquettes served with tahine sauce) £3.75
- Soujok (home-made lebanese spicy sausages, sautéed in lemon) £4.50
Other starters are available.
- Mixed grills (charcoal-grilled skewers of seasoned minced lamb, marinated lamb and chicken cubes, served with or without garlic sauce) £9.25
- Roasted lamb (braised chank of lamb marinated in special herbs and spices, served with seasoned rice) £10.50
- Kibbeh saynieh (minced lamb mixed with spices and cracked wheat, filled with sautéed minced meat, pine kernels and onion, served with yoghurt and cucumber salad) £9.75
- Tawayeh lahem with rice (cubes of tender lamb cooked with onion, garlic, hot peppers and tomatoes, served with rice) £9.75
- Sea bass (fresh sea bass seasoned and deep fried or grilled, served with tahine sauce (tarator)) £13.50
- Okra stew served with vermicelli rice £8.75
Other main courses are available.
- Baklawa (selection of miniature traditional Lebanese pastries filled with nuts and syrup) £3.50
- Mouhallabieh (Lebanese milk pudding, topped with rosewater syrup and sprinkled with pistachios) £3.50
- Lebanese rice pudding (traditional rice dessert with rosewater) £3.50
- Fresh fruits (selection of fresh seasonal fruits) £6.75
Other desserts are available.
134 Borough High Street, SE1 1LB
£24 and under
Sun - Thu 12pm - 11pm
Fri & Sat 12pm - Midnight