Not only is Oros quick to get to from Sutton station, it’s also quick to get to like. It looks stylish - very modern, clean lines, walnut furniture and plain walls. And has a good atmosphere - not too buzzy nor too quiet. Oros prides itself on its healthy, Eastern menu of Greek, Turkish, Lebanese and Moroccan dishes. Virtually everything is cooked to order on an open charcoal grill at the back (smells amazing). The idea is to choose as many hot or cold ’shares’ as you like - dolmades, stuffed aubergines, sardines, sheftalia (wrapped pork mince, onion and parsley) - accompanied by essentials like pilaf and onion and tomato salad then get stuck in, tapas-style.
Sample a la carte
- Sheftalia (wrapped fresh tender pork mince, apple, onions and herbs) £6.95
- Octopus (tender pieces of octopus charcoal grilled served with a lime oil dressing) £9.95
- Dolmades (vine leaves, stuffed with pork, beef and rice) £5.95
- Kalamari strips (fried fresh squid strips in breadcrumbs served with a garlic mayonnaise sauce) £7.95
Other starters are available.
- Spinach and three cheeses wrapped with grilled aubergines then baked with a tomato salsa £7.95
- Swordfish charcoal grilled and served with a refreshing mango and rocket salad £12.95
- Lamb steak marinated with plums, red wine and oregano then charcoal grilled £11.95
- Chicken breast served whole and marinated in lemon juice, thyme and olive oil £9.95
- Pork medallions marinated in spices and served with apple cabbage £10.95
- Beef steak with a creamed pepper and brandy sauce £13.95
Other main courses are available.
- Chocolate cake (rich chocolate cake served with a warm chocolate sauce) £3.95
- Apple and cinnamon cigars (fresh apples, cinnamon and raisins wrapped in pastry, served warm with home made ice cream) £3.95
- Pistacio cake (crushed pistacio cake with rose scented syrup. Served cold with home made ice cream) £3.95
- Paklava (finely chopped hazelnuts wrapped in filo pastry, covered in light syrup. Served with cream) £3.95
Other desserts are available.
29 High Street, SM1 1DJ
£25 - £34
Mon - Sun: 12pm - 2:30pm & 7pm - 11pm