Cock & Dragon
About Cock & Dragon
With lush designer wallpaper, an Art Deco fireplace and quirky décor, the Cock and Dragon in Barnet combines the best of traditional English pubs with fresh, authentic Thai cuisine. The bar - with wooden floors, eclectic decorative plates and a stuffed deer head - is a chic place for a pre/post dinner drink and the staff are super-friendly. Inspired by the flavours of India, China and Thailand, the menu at the Cock and Dragon features favourites such as tiger prawns stir-fried in a traditional Malaysian sweet and sour sauce, stir-fried tender slices of beef in an oyster sauce and a delicious Thai green chicken curry with aubergines, bamboo shoots and green peppers.
Sample a la carte
- Crispy aromatic duck (shredded duck with cucumber, spring onions, steamed pancakes and plum sauce) £10.95
- Tem pura pak (selection of vegetables deep-fried in a light tempura batter with a sweet chilli dip) £4.95
- See krong mo tod (marinated pork spare ribs, cooked in bbq sauce) £5.15
- Satay gai (marinated skewers of chicken, chargrilled and served with a spicy peanut sauce) £5.15
Other starters are available.
- Belacan sambal gai (chicken stir-fried in a traditional Malaysian sweet and sour sauce of chilli, shallots, tomatoes and shrimp paste) £7.45
- Phed ob namphung (slices of roast duck breast, served on a bed of Chinese greens topped with a honey and soy sauce) £8.95
- Neau nam man hoi (stir-fried tender slices of beef with garlic, onions and mixed vegetables, in an oyster sauce) £8.95
- Kratiam prigtai moo (pork stir-fried with garlic, pepper, onion and coriander, served on a bed of lettuce) £7.85
- Goong mao (drunken prawns, large freshwater prawns cooked in a ginger wine sauce) £10.50
- Kaeng kiew wan pak ruam (green curry with seasonal vegetables, Thai and pea aubergines,basil, bamboo shoots and lime leaves) £5.95
Other main courses are available.
- Apple crunch served with toffee sauce £4.10
- Chocolate cornet pavlova £4.50
- Klouy tod (banana fritters served with vanilla ice cream) £4.75
- Lotee sai mapraw (Pandan flavoured pancakes filled with a mixture of coconut and palm sugar, served with vanilla ice cream and maple syrup) £4.50
Other desserts are available.
14 Chalk Lanes, EN4 9HU
£25 - £34
Mon - Sat 11am - 11pm
Sun 11am - 10:30pm
Casual / Smart