About Kazan City
This is the second Kazan offering from brothers and restaurateurs Levent and Bulent Hassan. At Kazan City, the opulent, Ottoman-style dining room is decorated in royal purples and rich reds with cosy low seating, moody lighting and dozens of plush, silk cushions. The chic bar is ideal for pre/post dinner drinks and mezze, but the real deal awaits in the main restaurant with a signature selection of dishes. Our favourites include the fistik kebab - a delicious char-grilled lamb kofte rolled in pistachios and served with rice or chunky chips; stuffed sardines boned and filled with a pine nut and garlic sauce wrapped in vine leaves; and the stuffed aubergine parcel with mixed roasted vegetables in a tomato sauce, topped with Turkish cheese and served with rice. Kazan City is perfect for group bookings and business lunches, and is always buzzing with city workers, fashionistas and serious foodies.
Sample a la carte
- Kadinbudu kofte (ground lamb with spices) £6.50
- Fire roasted king prawn ( giant king prawns in their shell, marinated in a lime and chilli sauce, cooked on the char grill) £9.95
- Pan fired kalamari with an olive oil, garlic and white wine sauce, served with wedges of lemon £6.95
- Imam bayildi (stewed aubergines, tomato and peppers) £4.75
Other starters are available.
- Ottoman grill (marinated until tender, a selection of lamb and chicken shish, fresh poussin, lamb chop, garlic sausage and kofte, served with rice or chunky fries) £14.95
- Pepper steak (grilled fillet of beef with a pepper, mushroom and brandy cream, served with chunky fries) £15.95
- Poussin (baby grilled chicken dressed with yoghurt, lemon and chilli, grilled over an open fire and served with salad and rice) £12.95
- King prawns guvech (baked Mediterranean king prawns with vegetables, herbs and spices, served with rice) £15.95
- Aubergine parcel (stuffed aubergine with mixed roasted vegetables in a tomato sauce, topped with Turkish cheese, served with rice) £9.95
- Fistik kebab (lamb kofte rolled with pistachio and char grilled with a choice of rice or chunk fries) £13.95
Other main courses are available.
A selection of desserts is available.
34 - 36 Houndsditch, EC3A 7DB
£35 - £44
Mon - Sat 12pm - 12am