About Cafe Red
Café Red serves fresh, high quality Mediterranean cuisine, both simple and honest. There's a strong emphasis on lowering that omnipresent 'carbon footprint', with every effort made to use ingredients that haven't travelled the world to end up on your plate. All fish is wild except organically farmed salmon and trout. Beef, lamb and pork are from free range, organic Cornish stock, goose, turkey, duck, chicken, bacon, gammon and ham are traditionally reared in Devonshire and all ingredients are hormone, GM and antibiotic free. Café Red (The R, E and D intended to stand for 'Really Excellent Dining') make meals prepared daily in small quantities arrive on your plate in their charming café-cum-deli setting with wines and jams adorning the walls wholly guilt free.
Sample a la carte
- Crispy goat cheese basket with slow cooked pepper and pesto dressing £6.95
- Wild salmon caviar on organic buttered toast £6.95
- Roasted quail salad with a celeriac puree and hazelnut dressing £6.95
- Organic penne with tomato sauce, fresh basil and parmesan cheese £6.95
Other starters are available.
- Matured Free range grilled Sirloin or rib eye steak, roasted new potatoes, corn on the cob, mixed green vegetables and parsley butter £14.95
- Seven hour slow cooked Organic lamb shank with Alep's peppercorn and dauphinois gratin £12.95
- Braised free range chicken with wild mushrooms, crispy pancetta and glazed parsnips £9.95
- Game or wild poultry of the day £14.95
- Root vegetable tatin tart with a beetroot coulis £10.95
- Stuffed and roasted whole sea bass platter for two, mashed potatoes
and seasonal vegetables £26.95
Other main courses are available.
- A selection of desserts are available.
300 Kentish Town Road, NW5 2TG
£25 - £34
Mon - Sun 8am - 12am
Smart / Casual