Michelin-starred chef Claude Bosi opened his first Hibiscus restaurant eight years ago in Ludlow, and after numerous awards and accolades has decided to relocate his slice of haute cuisine heaven to Maddox Street in London. With its chi-chi décor and glamorous vibe, Hibiscus fits right into the glittering Mayfair restaurant scene, and is ideal for both the working lunch and ladies-who-latte set. The food is divine: we loved the savoury ice cream of foie gras with a warm emulsion of brioche and balsamic caramel; roast Mortimer Forest venison with smoked chocolate, savoy cabbage purée and confit of pear in red wine; and the stunning signature pudding - the Hibiscus tarte au chocolate with Indonesian basil ice cream.
Sample a la carte
- Wye valley asparagus confit in salted butter, then lightly oak-smoked, tamarillo powder, crushed soft-boiled eggs
- Tartare of line-caught Cornish mackerel, gariguette strawberries & celery, wasabi & honey dressing
- Fricassé of new season morel mushrooms, caramelised pistachio nuts, iced morels, warm veloute of English asparagus
- Herefordshire snails, wild garlic puree, spring onion & garlic consommé, pig's head salad, pickled tongue & mixed leaves
Other starters are available.
- Slow-grilled Pyrenean kid, caramelised spring onions, glazed white turnips, garlic & lemon purée, lemon thyme jus
- Roast Goosnargh duck breast, pea & ginger purée, baby gem lettuce, pink grapefruit, crispy wonton of duck leg confit
- Roast blade of Herefordshire beef, fricassé of spring vegetables, seaweed vinaigrette, razor clams & Lardo di Colonnata
- Cornish sea bream stuffed with morel mushrooms & lime, fricassé of broad beans, coffee & morel polenta, chicory jus
- Roast Cornish halibut, Mona Lisa potato gnocchi, Alexanders seed, young carrots, black olive & gherkin sauce, smoked butter
- Limousin veal kidney cooked in duck fat, confit of vine tomatoes in Muscovado sugar globe artichoke purée, brown shrimp cream
- Hibiscus 'tarte au chocolat', Indonesian basil ice cream
- Salted caramel mousse, hibiscus flower jelly, iced balsamic parfait, bergamot lemon sorbet
- Coffee & passion fruit millefeuille, Alfonso Mango, vanilla ice cream, passion fruit gel
- White asparagus cream tart, white chocolate & fresh goat's cheese ice cream
Other desserts are available.
29 Maddox Street, W1S 2PA
£60.00 per person
£45 - £54
Mon - Fri 12pm - 2:30pm & 6:30pm - 10pm
Closed weekends and bank holidays.