About Pacific Oriental
Large, lavish and laden with pan-Asian offerings, it's no wonder Pacific Oriental on London's Threadneedle Street has been buzzing with City folk since opening in March 2008. Split into two levels with a fine dining restaurant on the mezzanine and Oriental cocktail bar and brassiere below, Pacific Oriental's striking lighting features and soft Japanese touches create an elegant space to sample the best from the Pacific Rim, with a special emphasis on Japanese cuisine. Whet your appetite with a selection of sashimi, then savour dishes such as raspberry-grape marinated wild salmon served with star anise champagne jelly, or splash out on a grilled Wagyu rib-eye with sweet onion and bay leaf compote.
Sample a la carte
- Crispy squid & coconut cakes with a hint of coriander and spice citrus sauce £9.95
- Sesame coated tofu with honeyed tamarind sauce £9.50
- Pan-fried diver caught scallops and soutzsouki sausage on a bed of celeriac remoulad £13.00
- Five spice cured duck, taro and spring onion cake with orange and ginger marmalade £11.00
Other starters, as well as sushi appetizers, are also available.
- Aromatic diver caught scallops curry, pan-fried on a fragrant coconut and tamarind broth £23.00
- Goose & foie gras pithivier, braised shredded goose leg and foie gras in a puff pastry shell on a shitake and aniseed glaze £20.00
- Roasted saddle of Welsh lamb with ginger-miso braised mouli and pea tips £22.00
- Roast butternut squash congee served with black truffle and crispy garlic £15.00
- Katsu-crumbed corn-fed chicken served with sticky rice and saffron aioli £16.00
- Pan-fried troncon of turbot on edamame puree and yuzu beurre blan £27.00
Other mains and sides are available.
- Ta koh pannacotta on a bed of pineapple carpaccio £7.50
- Honeyed mango on warm coconut sticky rice £7.50
- Sweet chestnut bavarois served with candied orange creme fraiche £7.50
- Lavender infused creme brulee £7.50
Other desserts are available.
52 Threadneedle Street, EC2R 8AY
£45 - £54
Mon - Fri 12pm - 3pm & 5pm - 11pm
Closed Sat & Sun