Herb & Spice Indian Restaurant
About Herb & Spice Indian Restaurant
Located close to the City in London’s East End, Herb and Spice is a delightful restaurant serving up delicious regional Indian dishes. Popular for business lunches, parties and casual evening meals, the dining room is decorated with simple lilac walls and wooden furniture. The menu at Herb and Spice will take you on a culinary adventure across India, and signature dishes include the Goan Xacuti Chicken Curry prepared with light spices and fresh coconut; the spicy Kali Mirch Murgh cooked with roasted whole peppercorns; and the King Prawn Rezalla Tandoori marinated in spices and barbecued with green chillies, capsicum and tomato in the clay oven. The restaurant also offers a wonderful all-you-can-eat Sunday buffet lunch.
Sample a la carte
- Samosa (spiced mixed vegetables or minced meat fried in crispy light pastry)
- Shami kebab (a blend of spiced minced lamb and fresh herbs, shallow fried) £2.95
- King prawn puree (mildly spiced king prawn served on an unleavened bread) £4.95
- Murgi garlic (chicken marinated in special spices with extra garlic, chillies and cooked in clay oven) £3.95
- Murgi chat or aloo chat (mixed withfresh coriander, green chillies, tamarind sauce and chat massala) £2.95
Other starters are available.
- Tandoori king prawn marinated and spiced, cooked in the tandoor
- Tandoori mixed kebab (selection of lamb tikka, tandoori chicken, sheek kebab and nan served with salad) £9.95
- Malaya gosht (lamb cooked with pineapple in a medium sauce) £5.95
- Murgi or gosht karai (chicken or lamb cooked with onion, tomatoes and capscium in traditional iron korai, served sizzling hot) £6.95
- Murgi patia (pieces of chicken, well spiced, sweet and sour, fairly hot curry) £5.95
- Tandoori rioti (wheat flour bread cooked in tandoori) £1.95
Other main courses are available.
A selection of desserts are available.
11A Whites Row, E1 7NF
£24 and Under
Mon - Fri 11:30am - 2:30pm & 5:30pm - 11:30pm
Sun 11:30am - 2:30pm & 5:30pm - 11:30pm