Set on the restaurant-laden Grays Inn Road in London, Zucchero may have to fight to get your attention. But once it has it you won't look elsewhere. With a gorgeously bright interior, widely spaced tables give you room to breathe - a rarity in this overcrowded city. It really is the food that sets Zucchero apart. Head chef Guglielmo Iacovo breathes a little bit of Italy in to every dish by using especially imported ingredients and using them in a simple way which allows each to speak for itself. The seasonal selection is broad, featuring just about every favourite Italian dish while a good wine list accompanies.
Sample a la carte
- Gamberoni all’aglio (black tiger prawns pan fried in garlic and chilli sauce) £8.50
- Carpaccio di manzo (raw beef fillet steak thin sliced, served with roquette leaves and parmesan shavings) £7.50
- Fegatini di pollo & bacon (chicken liver pan fried, served on a bed of salad, crispy bacon and balsamic dressing) £6.90
- Funghi selvatici (wild mushrooms, sun dried tomatoes sautéed with olive oil, garlic and herbs) £6.50
Other starters are available.
- Tagliatelle polpa di granchio (egg tagliatelle sautéed with crab meat, croquette leaves and fresh chopped tomato) £9.50
- Linguine aragosta (linguine sautéed with fresh lobster and fresh chopped tomato) £14.90
- Linguine frutti di mare (linguine sautéed with seafood, olive oil and garlic) £9.50
- Pappardelle ragu & funghi porcini (pappardelle sautéed with strips of beef, porcini mushrooms and tomato sauce) £9.50
- Fegato Veneziana (veal calves liver sautéed with onion, white wine served with mashed potatoes) £8.90
- Petto d’ anatra alle ciliege (Gressingham duck breast pan fried, served with cherry sauce) £11.90
Other main courses are availale.
A selection of desserts is available.
73 Grays Inn Road, WC1X 8TP
£24 and Under
Mon - Fri 12pm - 11pm
Sat 6pm - 11pm