About Vanilla Black
Your mother's mantra of 'eat your vegetables' probably never brought to mind dishes quite like this. Vanilla Black, originally from York but now located in the City of London, smashes the stereotype of bland, lentil-laden hippie dishes, and instead takes a modern, imaginative approach to vegetarian cuisine. Spacious and done with art deco-esque flair, Vanilla Black's cool and comfortable dining room sets the stage for its innovative cuisine. Dishes such as hickory smoke duck egg and ducketts Caerphilly pudding and sweet potato vindaloo with saffron risotto are sure to make an impression on even the most die-hard carnivore. Desserts like carrot cake and orange sorbet with crystallised coriander don't disappoint on the flavour front either.
Sample a la carte
- Green beans and toasted sesame, croutons and lemon
- Black olive and saffron potato, almond museli and tomato paste
- Seaweed poached mooli, chilli, lime and herb salad
- Tomato terrine and whipped mustard, fried chickpeas
Other starters are available.
- Hickory smoke duck egg and Ducketts Caerphilly pudding, pomme purée croquette and pineapple pickle
- Pressed mushrooms and tarragon, white grape paste and tomato
- Sweet potato 'vindaloo' and saffron risotto, lemon peel pakora and coconut
- Steamed cabbage and Longmans Matureman cheddar, braised beans and port and raisin
- Baked blue Vinny and celery meringue, Bramley apple turnover and profiteroles
- Parsley and mushroom Duxelle mille feuille, bergamont and mushroom ketchup and carrots
Other main courses are available.
- Carrot cake and orange sorbet, crystallised coriander
- Red fruits and jelly, goats milk and vanilla spread
- Chocolate parfait and candied pineapple, passion fruit sorbet
- Dessert wine marinated Cornish blue, celery leaf salad and bread crackers
Other desserts are available.
17 -18 Tooks Court, EC4A 1LB
Two courses £24
Three courses £30
An optional service charge of 12.5% will be added to your final bill.
£35 - £44
Mon - Fri 12pm - 2:30pm & 6pm - 10pm