Paradise by way of Kensal Green
About Paradise by way of Kensal Green
Kitschy and quirky, Paradise by way of Kensal Green virtually oozes style from its every bohemian nook and cranny. Created by the crew behind the popular Westbury in Kilburn and Islington's Old Queen's Head, this spacious gastro pub took its name from 'The Rolling English Road' poem by G.K. Chesterton. Charmingly mismatched furniture joins up with oil paintings and wooden floors and tables, leading the way for a modern yet well-priced menu. A refreshingly crisp crab & apple cocktail with mixed cress and pea shoots starts the proceedings nicely, followed by a flavoursome char-grilled rib-eye steak, hand cut chips and Café de Paris butter. Don't miss a selection of over 30 wines, or the achingly hip cocktail list.
Sample a la carte
- Jersalem artichoke soup, trompette mushrooms £5.75
- 1/2 dozen Poole rock oysters, merlot & shallot vinegar £9.50
- Potted ham hock & parsley, mustard dressing £6.75
- Foie gras, tarte tatin of mango £12.50
Other starters are available.
- Goat’s cheese, butternut squash, spinach and mushroom Wellington £12.50
- Lemon sole, real mash, parsley and capers £15.75
- Wild cod, chanterelles, confit garlic, spinch and sauterns cream £17.75
- Grilled organic salmon, sautee potatoes, smoked cabbage and truffle sauce £15.75
- Roast rump of Swaledale lamb, clams, dauphinois potatoes and parsley £15.75
Other main courses are available.
- A selection of desserts is available.
19 Kilburn Lane, Kensall Green, W10 4AE
£25 - £34
Mon - Fri 6:30pm - 10pm
Sat 12pm - 5:30pm & 6:30pm - 10pm
Sun 12pm - 8pm
Mon - Wed 12pm - 12am
Thurs 12pm - 1am
Fri & Sat 12pm - 2am