Middlesex's Hatch End has one notorious former resident - the original queen of cookery herself (no, not Delia), Mrs Beeton. And the world's first celebrity chef would undoubtedly be a fan of Hatchets, a family friendly neighbourhood restaurant where the emphasis is on good, home cooked food and welcoming service. The classic surroundings - dark wood furnishings, white linen, attractive art works and careful finishing touches such as tiny vases of fresh flowers on each table - are timeless, offering an atmosphere which suits any guest and any occasion. The spirit of Mrs Beeton clearly lives on in the kitchen of her former residence, where European and international specialities are created.
Sample a la carte
- Caramelized goats cheese, mango chutney on toast
- Smoked haddock rarebit. Served with spinach salad and mustard dressing
- Seafood salad marinated in olive oil
- Scallops wrapped in pancetta, dressed leaves and roasted leeks
Other starters are available.
- Aylesbury duckling breast, mash potato, apple & orange relish
- Dutch calf’s liver & bacon, bubble & squeak, grilled bacon
- Kleftiko (slowly baked lamb knuckle, mash potato)
- Bangers & mash (leek & herb pork sausages, bacon & gravy)
- Rib eye steak, chunky chips, confit tomatoes
- Breast of chicken, mashed potatoes, peppercorn sauce
Other main courses are available.
- Coffees, teas and infusions with something sweet
- Liqueur coffees
Other desserts are available.
513 Uxbridge Road, HA5 4JS
Hatch End (BR)
£25 - £34
Mon 6pm - 10:30pm
Tue - Sun 12pm - 2:30 & 6pm - 10:30pm