The Hoxton Pony
About The Hoxton Pony
This super-stylish little restaurant on the Curtain Road in Hoxton is always filled with a hip local crowd. The team at Hoxton Pony have done a fantastic job in taking everything that is quintessentially British, and giving it a Shoreditch-chic twist - so you can sip cocktails out of teacups and chow down on Welsh rarebit fingers and cockles in malt vinegar while listening to electronica, rock ’n’ roll, old movie soundtracks and ska. The décor is fantastic, and we love the eccentric 18th century diorama complete with stuffed animals and foliage. Head Chef Renaud Martin has put together a superb menu with kooky yet delicious dishes such as glazed chicken wings with liquorice, and duck and turnip pies.
Sample lunch menu
- Beetroot & ham hock terrine £6.50
- Chilled English pea soup £7
- Grilled Saudi prawns on a skewer £9
- Heritage carrot salad with pickle dressing £5
Other starters are available.
- Pan fried mackerel fillet with warm baby spinach salad £12
- Roasted cannon of lamb in mint & buttered English peas £14
- Baked plum jersey tomato stuffed with azegarzey cheese £8
- Skate and green bean salad with caper dressing and bread £10
- Plaice and chips £10
- Lemon sole and chips £10
Other main courses are available.
- Spotted dick £6
- Deep fried Victoria pineapple in root beer batter & chocolate sauce £6
- Selected English cheese with celery and onion chutney £8
Other desserts are available.
104 - 108 Curtain Road, Hoxton, EC2A 3AH
£25 - £34
Mon - Thurs 12pm - 1am
Fri - Sat 12pm - 2am
Sun 12pm - 12am
Kitchen closed on Sundays