Patara - Maddox Street
About Patara - Maddox Street
Lovers of fresh, authentic Thai food with a contemporary slant simply must make a booking at Patara - a super-stylish eatery on Maddox Street in Oxford Circus. We adore this hip chain of restaurants - which has branches in Taipei, Singapore and Geneva - and the critically acclaimed food here is To Die For. Decorated with chocolate brown leather banquettes, wooden wall carvings and bundles of bamboo, Patara is a hit with Soho media types for business lunches, and is popular in the evenings with fashionable foodies. Signature dishes include the Nua Tom Kati - beef in an aromatic coconut reduction with fresh lime, lemongrass and chilli, and the Gang Kua Goong - prawns in a kaffir lime coconut curry with betelnut leaves.
Sample a la carte
- Do-it-yourself Thai tacos of chicken and prawn with cucumber tomato salad £7.25
- Assorted steamed dumplings with prawn, chicken and pork fillings £6.75
- Poached king scallops in spicy lime and chilli vinaigrette with lemongrass, mint and shallot £8.25
- Char-grilled aromatic beef and prawns in betelnut leaves on skewers with sweet chilli sauce £7.50
Other starters are available.
- Stir-fried 'pak choy' with shitake mushrooms and oyster sauce £6.75
- Thick cut of grilled wild boar steak sautéed in coconut red curry sauce with sweet basil £14.25
- Tender slices of corn-fed chicken sautéed with shitake mushrooms, ginger, pineapple and spring onion £12.75
- Tender beef fillet sautéed in cracked black pepper sauce with shitake mushrooms and broccoli £14.50
- Plump king scallops sautéed in chilli paste and sweet basil £14.95
- Yellow coconut curry with New Zealand lamb, new potatoes and baby onions £14.50
Other main courses are available.
Home made coconut ice-cream with exotic fruit £5.50
Baked banana served warm with home made Madagascan vanilla pod ice-cream and toasted almonds £5.50
Coconut sweet rice with fragrant sweet Thai mango £6.95
A mélange of fresh fruit platter £6.95
Other desserts are available.
3 - 7 Maddox Street, W1S 2QB
£25 - £34
Mon - Sun 12pm - 2:30pm & 6:30pm - 10:30pm