Le Bijou d'Ange
About Le Bijou d'Ange
Islington locals looking for an upmarket neighbourhood French bistro will be delighted to discover Le Bijou D’Ange - or ’Jewel of the Angels’ - on Thebarton Street, just off Upper Street. The discreet, rustic dining room is ideal for quiet business lunches, romantic meals and intimate celebrations, and the restaurant is always filled with an artsy,well-heeled crowd. The waiting staff here are all French and super-friendly, and Head Chef Dominique is renowned for his down-to-earth dishes such as the home prepared foie gras marinated in calvados and served with toast; the restaurant’s signature rabbit casserole with prunes cooked in an Armagnac and plum sauce; and the phenomenal crepes caramelised in brown sugar and orange juice served with bananas and pistachio cream.
Sample a la carte
- Tranche de foie gras au calvados (home prepared duck foie grass, marinated in calvados with toast) £6.95
- Salade de chevre chand (melted goats cheese with croutons & bed of mixed leaves) £5.50
- Strasbourggeoise (pancake with sautéed onion , bacon, mushroom, cream gratinéed with cheese) £6.90
- Terrine de porc (pork terrine served with red onion marmalade) £4.95
Other starters are available.
- Ballotine de poulet farci aux poireaux (stuffed chicken breast with leek and onion in white wine and cream served with steamed asparagus and chips) £8.90
- Casserole de lapin aux pruneaux d'agen (rabbit stew cooked in Armanac & plum sauce, served with mash potato) £11.90
- Filet de boeuf au foie gras (fillet steak topped with a slice of duck foie gras and served with a port sauce and gratin dauphinios) £14.50
- Loup de mer grillé grenobloise (charcoal grilled seabass in butter, capers, croutons & lemon juice sauce, served with rice) £12.95
- Moules diablo (steamed mussels cooked in onion, parsley, vegetable bouillon, fresh tomato, basil and chilli, served with chips) £8.90
- Escalope de veau poêlée à la truffe (seared veal escalope with mushroom & cream sauce served with gratin dauphinios) £13.95
Other main courses are available.
A selection of desserts is available.
6 Theberton Street, (Off Upper Street), N1 0QX
£24 and Under
Mon - Sun 12pm - 11:30pm