Brasserie Chez Gerard - Kensington
About Brasserie Chez Gerard - Kensington
Fans of French fusion cooking, with a side order of Italian and Moroccan inspiration, will love the moreish menu at Brasserie Chez Gerard on Kensington High Street. Popular with stylistas for a spot of post-shopping lunch, and with tourists for morning coffees and relaxed evening meals, the brasserie - which is decorated with blonde wood floors, a light green and dark cherry colour scheme and dark blue leather booths - is always alive with a posh crowd and is conveniently located for the tube, the shops and the local museums. The menu includes a variety of traditional French dishes alongside Morrocan specialties as well as pizza, pasta and burgers, ensuring even the fussiest food lovers will find something suitable.
Sample a la carte
- Soupe a l’oignon (traditional French onion soup with gruyere cheese croutons) £4.95
- Terrine de porc fermier du pays basque (coarse free range pork pate made in pays basque served with toasted pave perene bread and chilli pepper jam) £5.75
- Salade de chevre chaud (grilled goat’s cheese topped with toasted hazelnuts on mixed leaves) £5.95
- Escargots de bourgogne (a dozen burgundy snails baked in garlic butter) £7.25
Other starters are available.
- Poulet grille, jus de rotl (simply grilled corn fed chicken with provencal herbs and chicken jus) £11.50
- Confit de canard aux pommes sarladaise (duck confit with sauteed potatoes, braised onions and thyme) £12.95
- Bouef bourguignon (braised beef in syrah red wine with sauteed button onions, button mushrooms, smoked lardons and chantenay carrots) £13.95
- Foie de veau grille au lard, pomme mousseline (grilled french calf liver and grilled smoked bacon served with mashed potato) £15.50
- Paillard de veau (grilled french veal escalope with fresh lemon) £16.95
- Medallions de beouf poeles, champignon et sauce bearnaise (pan fried medallions of beef with grilled flat mushrooms, glazed with bearnaise sauce) £18.25
Other main meals are available.
Ananas roti au caramel, sorbet mangue (roasted pineapple in butterscotch sauce with mango sorbet) £4.50
- Tarte au citron (french lemon tart, creme fraiche and blackcurrant puree) £4.75
- Petit pot ’Valrhona’ bitter (valrhona bitter chocolate mousse, orange compote, raspberry puree and crushed hazelnuts) £4.75
Other desserts are available.
9 Kensington High Street, W8 5NP
High Street Kensington
£24 and Under
Mon - Sat 9am - 11pm
Sun 10am - 10:30pm