About Royal India
Set on the newly fashionable Stoke Newington Church Street, Royal India has proved popular with trendy young Londoners, families and visitors to the area alike. Offering a modern take on the traditional Indian restaurant, Royal India has a funky, contemporary interior with bright red trims a compliment to simple white walls and hints of luxury from silks on the walls to fanned napkins adding a more formal feel. Exotic Indian specialities populate a comprehensive but unfussy menu on which chef's specials are alongside everyone's favourite Indian dishes. Don't miss the exciting duck dishes which give a slightly different take on subcontinent cuisine.
Sample a la carte
- Vegetable fewa (courgettes, potato, mushroom & aubergine rings deep fried in a spicy batter & served with raitha or minted yogurt) £4.50
- Mitha chingri (king prawn dipped in honey sauce and shallow fried, served with salad and fresh lime dressing) £4.75
- Mass bora kebab (minced fish pan fried with herbs & spices) £3.50
- Duck tikka £3.95
Other starters are available.
- Duck jhalbaza (duck cooked with fairly hot spices, shallots, green pepper, green chillies and lime) £6.95
- Tandoori deluxe (mixed assortment of tandoori (chicken, lamb, king prawn, kebab, tandoori roti) £8.95
- Manchurian chicken (chicken with spice, soya sauce, fresh chilli and lime) £5.95
- Royal supreme (two quarters of spring chicken cooked in a medium curry sauce with mince lamb, tomatoes, shallots and
green peppers, garnished with cucumber and lemon) £8.95
- Shatkora lamb (lamb cooked with calamansi (wild lemon) in a traditional home style) £5.95
- Jingha anarkali (whole king prawn marinated in special yoghurt sauce, then grilled on skewer) £9.95
Other main courses are available.
A selection of desserts is available.
47 Stoke Newington, Church Street, N16 0NX
£25 - £34
Mon - Sun 5:30pm - 11:30pm