Gaucho - O2
About Gaucho - O2
If the Milan Furniture Fair was transported to the tropical, tango-ing city of Buenos Aires then you might end up with a venue that looked somewhat like this super-slick new restaurant inside the O2 centre in London. This cavernous space is all white minimalist furniture, plush black carpets and crystal chandeliers piled into a huge restaurant that enjoys its own wine tasting boutique and a VIP suite with views of the O2’s main arena. The menu is strictly Argentinean - with favourites including the Gaucho burger made with fresh Argentinean sirloin, balsamic caramelised onions and aged provolone, and the banana tres leches drizzled with prune speckled passion fruit sauce for pudding.
Sample a la carte
- Oysters BLT (oysters baked in a creamy horseradish sauce, topped with bacon, crisp lettuce and tomato salsa) £8.00
- Spinach and cheese empanadas £3.75
- Peruvian ceviche (Merluza, tiger prawn and octopus tossed in tomato and citrus juices, olives, jalapeno, red onion and orange segments) £7.50
- Sausage platter (sausages with the addition of a morcilla, a classic Spanish chorizo, served with a trio of mojos; pineapple with sage, cherry and black trumpet) £25.00
Other starters are available.
- Palmitos (hearts of palm with avocado, red onion, romaine lettuce, toasted almonds and a sherry vinaigrette) £6.00
- Ice berg wedge, served with a rich blue cheese citrus dressing and marinated tomatoes scented with thyme £6.00
- Salmon fillet glazed in a honey mustard marinade, wood roasted and served with a cucumber, olive and dill salad £12.00
- Spatchcocked (whole grilled spatchcocked chicken marinated in lemon and lime chimichurri) £14.00
- Gaucho burger (fresh Argentine rump, ribeye or sirloin ground to order with balsamic caramelised onions and aged provolone) £13.00
- Mixed grill (lamb chops, bife de cuadril, chorizo pinchos, morcilla, sweetbreads and marinated chicken dressed with chimichurri) £30.00
Other main courses are available.
- A traditional flan served on shaved pineapple, with black pepper caramel and goats cheese £5.00
- Banana tres leches (a rich, banana cake surrounded by sliced bananas and drizzled with a prune speckled passion fruit sauce) £6.00
- Argentine pancakes served with vanilla ice cream and dulce de leche £5.00
- Churros, dusted in cinnamon sugar and served with a warm rich chocolate sauce) £5.00
Other desserts are available.
The O2, Peninsula Square, SE10 0DX
£45 - £54
Mon - Sun 12pm - midnight