Polish and Eastern European cooking in a stylish setting. The menu changes frequently to allow for seasonality. The dishes are not strictly ’traditional’, as they have taken the dishes and given them a new and creative twist. Then there is a superb range of vodkas and well as freshly made vodka ’cocktails’. The restaurant itself is cosy and relaxed with friendly staff. Well worth a visit even if blinis are the extent of your forays into Eastern European cooking so far.
Sample dinner menu
Kamczatka (salad of crayfish, rice, tomato and egg) £7.00
- Kaszanka (grilled black sausage with pear puree and pickled red cabbage) £5.90
- Kopytka (potato dumplings with braised onion and mushrooms) £5.90
- Salad of warm eel with capers, boczek, New potato and honey £7.50
Other starters are available.
- Roast duck with red cabbage and marjoram apples £16.00
- Grilled red snapper with fennel and red onion salad £17.50
- Braised rabbit with 'hunters sauce' and kopytka £16.50
- Schabowy (breaded pork escalopes with mushrooms and mizeria) £15.00
- Golonka (roasted pork shank with picant cabbage) £15.00
- Golabki (cabbage leaves filled with pork rice and tomato sauce) £13.50
Other main courses are available.
A selection of desserts is available.
12 St Albans Grove, Kensington, W8 5PN
High Street Kensington
A discretionary service charge of 12.5% will be added to your bill.
£35 - £44
Mon 6:30pm - 11:15pm
Tues - Fri 12pm - 3pm and 6:30pm - 11:15pm
Sat 6:30pm - 11:15pm
Sun 11:30am - 4pm and 6:30pm - 10:30pm