Like a cat with its nine lives, this little snail has risen again and again to dizzy culinary heights, and right now it is riding higher than ever. The Master’s name may be on the marquee, but the kitchen is under the confident control of rising stars Warren Geraghty (Executive Chef) and Simon Jones (Head Chef). The Ground Floor restaurant is the less formal - and less expensive - of the two dining rooms. Upstairs, The Picasso Room features original works by Picasso and Matisse, as well as tall ceilings, elegant decor, a discreet ambience, and fleet-footed service. This is haute cuisine in a fine dining setting, and most appropriate for
business entertaining, making a massive impression on the love of your life,
or celebrating life’s milestones. What’s cooking? Classic, cultured French cuisine, in all its complexity. Starters include tartare of mackerel a l’Oriental, and parfait of foie gras en gelee with toasted Poilane, mains feature seabass a la nicoise with sauce pistou, or tranche of calf’s liver with pommes mousseline and sauce diable, and final courses of perfectly kept English and French cheeses, or puds like arlequin of chocolate with coffee sauce. The wines are excellent and varied, and the service Jeevesian in its shimmering dexterity.
Sample a la carte
- Bouillon of oxtail ’royale’
- Veloute of celery with chervil
- Tartare of mackerel a l'oriental
- Ravioli of burgundy snails, parsley puree
Other starters are available.
- Escalope of salmon poche, soft herb crust, watercress puree
- Poulet noir en cocotte, ravioli of wild mushrooms, sauce royale
- Tranche of calf's liver, pommes mousseline, sauce diable
- Venison au poivre, creamed cabbage, sauce 'grand veneur' (£3 supplement)
- Pave of Angus beef, vert-pre garnish, jus de viande
- Canard gras salardaise, sauce rouennaise
Other main courses are available.
Please ask your waiter for the daily vegetarian option
- Dessert of the day
- Pave of chocolate and mint
- Arlequin of chocolate, coffee sauce
- Tarte fine of apples, vanilla ice cream
Other desserts are available.
48 Greek Street, Soho, W1D 4EF
Ground Floor a la Carte
Starters from - £7.50
Main courses from - £12.95
Desserts from - £6.50
£35 - £44
Mon - Sat 12:15pm - 2:15pm & 6pm - 11pm
Sun 12:15pm - 2:15pm
Smart/casual - no jeans, no trainers