Gaucho - Sloane Avenue
About Gaucho - Sloane Avenue
Lucky Brompton Cross, the trendsetting people in this part of the world now have yet another great place to meet and eat. Gaucho Sloane Avenue, part of a chain that covers Piccadilly and Hampstead, among others, has now brought its stylish self to fashion central. As you would expect, the emphasis at Gaucho Restaurant is very much on red meat. The cowhide interior, the huge open grill make you believe you’re in Argentina. Steaks are huge and succulent, flown in fresh from the pampas. What’s Cooking? Rump, sirloin, fillet or rib eye steaks are served with sauces such as goat’s cheese and saffron vermouth sauce. Prawns, lamb and chicken are also available. Starters (tuna carpaccio, grilled vegetables) and desserts (grilled pineapple, vanilla dulce pancakes) are mercifully light.
Sample a la carte
- Oysters BLT (oysters baked in a creamy horseradish sauce, topped with bacon, crisp lettuce and tomato salsa) £8.00
- Spinach and cheese empanadas £3.75
- Peruvian ceviche (Merluza, tiger prawn and octopus tossed in tomato and citrus juices, olives, jalapeno, red onion and orange segments) £7.50
- Sausage platter (sausages with the addition of a morcilla, a classic Spanish chorizo, served with a trio of mojos; pineapple with sage, cherry and black trumpet) £25.00
Other starters are available.
- Palmitos (hearts of palm with avocado, red onion, romaine lettuce, toasted almonds and a sherry vinaigrette) £6.00
- Ice berg wedge, served with a rich blue cheese citrus dressing and marinated tomatoes scented with thyme £6.00
- Salmon fillet glazed in a honey mustard marinade, wood roasted and served with a cucumber, olive and dill salad £12.00
- Spatchcocked (whole grilled spatchcocked chicken marinated in lemon and lime chimichurri) £14.00
- Gaucho burger (fresh Argentine rump, ribeye or sirloin ground to order with balsamic caramelised onions and aged provolone) £13.00
- Mixed grill (lamb chops, bife de cuadril, chorizo pinchos, morcilla, sweetbreads and marinated chicken dressed with chimichurri) £30.00
Other main courses are available.
- A traditional flan served on shaved pineapple, with black pepper caramel and goats cheese £5.00
- Banana tres leches (a rich, banana cake surrounded by sliced bananas and drizzled with a prune speckled passion fruit sauce) £6.00
- Argentine pancakes served with vanilla ice cream and dulce de leche £5.00
- Churros, dusted in cinnamon sugar and served with a warm rich chocolate sauce) £5.00
Other desserts are available.
89 Sloane Avenue, South Kensington, SW3 3DX
£25 - £34
Mon - Sat 12pm - 11:30pm
Sun 12pm -10:30pm