About Italian Kitchen
Traditional Italian home cooking is the order of the day in this West End Italian restaurant in the heart of theatre-land. The Italian Kitchen has a rustic feel reminiscent of those little trattorias you find in Tuscan villages. Dark wooden beams and gingham table clothes keep the interior just the right side of being twee and the atmosphere is welcoming and relaxed. Loyal regulars come back again and again for never-changing favourites, but seasonal additions keep it interesting. Start off with a traditional antipasti and move to freshly prepared pasta or pizza. Save room for desserts -- the panna di campagna fantasia (apple bread pudding served with hot caramel sauce) should definiately be on your don’t miss list.
Sample a la carte
- Cozze marinara (fresh mussels steamed in a white wine, tomato & coriander broth, grilled garlic ciabatta) £6.95
- Insalata caprese (fresh buffalo mozzarella, plum tomatoes, torn basil, rocket & aged balsamic) £5.45
- Vitello tonnato di lombardi (thin slices of veal, layered with homemade fresh tuna mayonnaise, fennel shavings & crumbled gorgonzola) £6.95
- Antipasti tradizionali £6.95
Other starters are available.
- Penne all' arrabbiata (garlic, fresh basil, red chilli & fresh tomato sauce) £8.95
- Tagliatelle con salmone (fresh salmon, sun dried tomatoes, asparagus tips, tarragon cream) £9.95
- Rigate bella donna (rigate egg pasta tossed with young spinach leaves, extra virgin olive oil & a Sicilian pesto of chopped almonds, fresh sweet tomatoes, celery leaves & grated pecorino) £9.95
- Agnello di toscana (Chianti braised lamb shank, garlic mashed potato) £10.95
- Pesce arrosto saltimbocca (line caught sea bream wrapped in pancetta with celeriac puree, baby capers, sage & fresh lemon) £11.50
- Pollo paesano (thyme & garlic roasted chicken breast, creamy soft polenta, wild mushrooms, roasting juiceswith garlic) £10.95
Other pastas, pizzas and mains are available.
- Tiramisu £4.95
- Tartufo (rich chocolate truffle cake, caramelised oranges in Grand Marnier) £4.95
- Panna cotta con frutta (cooked cream pudding with fresh raspberries, raspberry coulis) £4.95
- Panna di campagna fantasia (apple bread pudding served with hot caramel sauce) - £4.95
Other desserts are available.
43 New Oxford Street, WC1A 1BH
Tottenham Court Road
£24 and Under
Mon - Sat: 12pm - 11pm
Sun: 12pm - 10:30pm