People love Sardo. Word has spread like lightning about this new Italian eaterie in Fitzrovia. It features Sardinian specialities prepared by a Sardinian chef, served by smiling staff in a relaxed, welcoming setting, and at prices that will remind you of your childhood holidays, well very nearly. Start with Mosciame di Tonno, thin-sliced sun-dried fillet of tuna on a bed of fresh French beans and sun-dried tomatoes, followed by Malloreddus, a traditional Sardinian hard wheat pasta in a tomato and aromatic sausage sauce. Main courses include grilled swordfish with rucola
and tomato, and sweets feture Sebadas, which are puff pastry filled with pecorino cheese & topped with honey. The international wine list is strong on characterful Sardinian wines, the perfect accompaniment to a fabulous meal.
Sample a la carte
- Calamari ripieni (grilled baby squid filled with a mixture of calamari meat and aromatic herbs, topped with tomato sauce) £7.90
- Carpaccio di manzo (finely sliced fillets of beef marinated in extra virgin olive oil, lemon and fresh herbs, served with rocket leaves and pecorino shavings) £7.90
- Carpaccio di pesce (finely sliced fillets of fresh tuna and swordfish marinated in extra virgin olive oil, lemon and fresh herbs) £7.90
- Mosciame di tonno (sun-dried fillet of tuna served in thin slices on a bed of fresh French beans and sun-dried tomatoes) £7.90
Other starters are available.
- Ravioli allo Zafferano (freshly made pasta parcels filled with ricotta cheese, aubergines and hazelnuts in a tomato and basil sauce) £8.90
- Pesce spada alla griglia (grilled swordfish served with rucola and tomatoes)£13.75
- Cervo al Cannonau (fillet of venison marinated in Cannonau wine and grilled, served with potatoes gratin) £18.00
Salsiccia Sarda (home-made aromatic sausage, charcoal-grilled, served with endivia and potatoes) £12.00
- Fegato di vitello al balsamico (calfes liver in a balsamic vinegar sauce with fresh peppers and broccoli) £13.90
- Battuta d’agnello (marinated and grilled lamb steak served with endivia and potatoes) £15.50
Other main courses are available.
- Torta di Limone £4.50
- Tiramisu della Casa £4.50
- Sebadas (puff pastry filled with pecorino cheese & topped with honey) £4.50
Other desserts are available.
House wine at Sardo starts at £10.90 and there is a wide range of Italian wine available.
45 Grafton Way, W1T 5DQ
£35 - £44
Mon - Fri 12:30pm - 3pm & 6pm - 11pm
Closed Sundays & Bank holidays.