Chez Gerard - Trinity Square
About Chez Gerard - Trinity Square
Chez Gerard brings its winning combination to the City. Here you’ll find bright spaces, light wood, flowers, swift service, and ’the best steak frites this side of Paris’. Oui, oui! The inspiration is the golden era of French brasseries, the 1930’s, but with a comfortable modern edge. It’s a buzzy, informal space that relaxes into easy conversation and romance in the evenings. Indulge your tastebuds in time-tested French brasserie cuisine. Try hot Camembert baked in its box with asparagus,
radish, celery and wheat biscuits, followed by steak frites cooked exactly as you require, followed by wine and a Gauloise.
Sample a la carte
- Soupe a l’oignon (traditional French onion soup with gruyere cheese croutons) £4.95
- Terrine de porc fermier du pays basque (coarse free range pork pate made in pays basque served with toasted pave perene bread and chilli pepper jam) £5.75
- Salade de chevre chaud (grilled goat’s cheese topped with toasted hazelnuts on mixed leaves) £5.95
- Escargots de bourgogne (a dozen burgundy snails baked in garlic butter) £7.25
Other starters are available.
- Poulet grille, jus de rotl (simply grilled corn fed chicken with provencal herbs and chicken jus) £11.50
- Confit de canard aux pommes sarladaise (duck confit with sauteed potatoes, braised onions and thyme) £12.95
- Bouef bourguignon (braised beef in syrah red wine with sauteed button onions, button mushrooms, smoked lardons and chantenay carrots) £13.95
- Foie de veau grille au lard, pomme mousseline (grilled french calf liver and grilled smoked bacon served with mashed potato) £15.50
- Paillard de veau (grilled french veal escalope with fresh lemon) £16.95
- Medallions de beouf poeles, champignon et sauce bearnaise (pan fried medallions of beef with grilled flat mushrooms, glazed with bearnaise sauce) £18.25
Other main meals are available.
Ananas roti au caramel, sorbet mangue (roasted pineapple in butterscotch sauce with mango sorbet) £4.50
- Tarte au citron (french lemon tart, creme fraiche and blackcurrant puree) £4.75
- Petit pot ’Valrhona’ bitter (valrhona bitter chocolate mousse, orange compote, raspberry puree and crushed hazelnuts) £4.75
Other desserts are available.
14 Trinity Square, EC3N 4AA
£25 - £34
Mon - Fri 12pm - 10pm