Zaika, in London's uber-trendy Kensington, could quite possibly ruin you for any other Indian food. Since opening its doors it's won loads of hearts, including Best Indian Restaurant in the London Restaurant Awards and is the only Indian restaurant to hold three prestigious AA rosettes. Out are the staple Anglicised curry dishes and flock wallpaper in favour of sleek design, sumptuous interiors and an innovative menu focusing on original dishes with creative Indian flavours. Acclaimed favourites include Indian home-smoked salmon, Masala duck breast and a trio of brulee, featuring pistachio, rosewater and vanilla and passionfruit flavours. The Zaika Gormand tasting menu offers excellent value for those who just can't choose, featuring masala foie gras and tandoori lobster.
Sample a la carte
- Jhinga platter / prawn platta (a selection of red onion and shrimp risotto, crispy tiger prawn, tandoori king prawn marinated in chillies & rosemary with coconut chutney) £10.50
- Teen murg tikka/ tandoori chicken tikka (trio of "label rouge" chicken morsels marinated in - green herbs, masala cheese and peppercorns & pomegranate seeds, fired in the tandoor) £8.25
- Gosht milan / lamb platter (tandoori lamb rack marinated in ginger and "garam" masala, lamb "seekh kebab" coated with mixed peppers, lamb & lentil patty served with tamarind chutney) £9.50
- Nariyal shorba / coconut soup and wild mushroom naan (coconut-curry leaf soup with truffle shavings, shitake mushroom "pakora", mixed mushroom samosa,
Wild mushroom & truffle oil naan) £8.00
Various other starters are available
- Tikhi jhangli machli / spicy sea-bass (pan fried spice marinated wild sea-bass with 'dosa aloo'-crushed potatoes tempered with lentil and mustard seeds, 'sambhar' sauce) £17.00
- Tandoori murg makhanwala / butter chicken (tandoori 'label rouge' chicken breast and off the bone leg, gently poached in a buttery tomato sauce flavoured with fenugreek, served with saffron rice & cumin tempered spinach leaves) £15.50
- Murghabi mussalam / masala duck breast ('barbary' breast of duck, rich black lentil sauce, celeriac and parsnip mash & crispy okra, wild mushroom naan) £18.00
- Nariyal ka gosht/coconut lamb(diced "hardwick" lamb cooked slowly in coconut milk tempered with mustard seeds & curry leaves, served with steamed rice) £16.50
- Subz ki thali / vegetarian platter (a selection of garlic and cumin tempered spinach, paneer "khurchan", black lentils, roasted baby aubergines finished with a tamarind coconut masala served with saffron rice, baby naan & raita) £13.50
- Biryani - e - bahar / choice of crusted biryani (lamb/chicken/prawn or wild mushrooms cooked with aromatic spices and basmati rice, baked under a flaky crust, served with raita) £16.00
Various other meat dishes, vegetarian dishes and fish dises are available
1 Kensington High Street, Kensington, W8 5NP
High Street Kensington
A Discretionary 12.5% Service Charge Will Be Added To Your Bill.
During Dinner A Minimum Of 2 Courses Per Person Will Apply.
£25 - £34
Mon - Fri 12pm - 2:45pm & 6pm-10:45pm
Sat 6pm - 10:45pm
Sun 12pm - 2:45pm & 6pm - 9:45pm