Probably some of the biggest news on the London restaurant scene in recent years has been the upsurge of fabulousness in hotel dining rooms. Sure, you can still find sad old cabbage-and-potato-sog-smelling places with embalmed waitstaff, but more and more often the very most exciting new eateries have found their homes in the capital’s hotels. Now Fratelli joins the fabulous
ranks with this new restaurant in Kensington. The modern decor and open,
live-theatre kitchen give the space a certain up-to-the-minute vibe. The authentic, equally up-to-date Italian menu is just right for how we like to dine now. But first, begin your evening in style with a drink in the Nabuco bar, featuring terrific cocktails and an array of wines and champagnes by the glass. Then move into the lovely dining room and choose from such
dishes as prosciutto di Parma with fresh figs and red onion chutney to start, then main of pan-fried medallions of beef on dolcellatte potatoes with baby spinach and Chianti sauce, and finish with an amazing tiramisu cappuccino flavoure with Tia Maria and Baileys. The ingredients have
impeccable sourcing and the Italian wine list includes small family vineyards you may have sampled on holiday.
Sample a la carte
- Warm Spanish chorizo and calamari salad served with a nest of fried vegetables curly endive and sun blush tomatoes £6.50
- Timbale of crab with guacamole and rocket drizzled with lobster oil £6.50
- Smoked duck and chicken liver pâté with fresh rocket garnish and caramelized orange marmalade £5.50
- Homemade pastry filled with fresh wild mushrooms and green asparagus gratinated with goat cheese £5.00
Other starters are available.
- Tangine of lamb with coriander rice| cucumber dip yoghurt and fresh apricots £16.00
- Penne gigantica filled with buttered spinach and taleggio cheese served with garlic bread on the side £10.00
- Seared salmon fillet on wilted spinach with a tomato beurre blanc served with a side of buttered new potatoes £15.00
- Oven roasted poussin with roasted potato and baby courgettes £16.50
- Confit of duck leg with braised red cabbage and celeriac mash £15.50
- Tempura courgette flower with sun blush tomato tapanade and a salad of marinated mushrooms £11.00
Other main courses are available.
- Green tea panna cotta with poached strawberries and grapes £5.95
- Wild berry compote laced over a traditional cheesecake with a strawberry coulis £5.95
- Lemongrass and coconut fragrant rice pudding served with fresh mango £5.95
- Cappuccino infused chocolate fondant served warm and with cream £5.95
Other desserts are available.
Marriott Hotel, Cromwell Road, SW5 0TH
£24 and under
Mon - Fri 6.30am - 11am, Sat & Sun 7am - 11pm. Mon - Sat 12 noon - 2.30pm, Sun 1pm - 5pm, Mon - Sun 6pm to 11pm
No shorts or flip flops