About The Square
The Square restaurant in London's ultra-smart Mayfair has four right angles: great food, wines, service, and location. The dining room is a refined space where you can seal a deal, celebrate a triumph, or simply dine incredibly well. Chef/owner Philip Howard has earned a pair of Michelin stars for his unique French-inspired haute cuisine using impeccable ingredients to create dishes capable of both gossamer elegance and vivid boldness all in the same bite. Everything is superb, though we particularly recommend the herb-crusted saddle of lamb with shallot puree, artichokes, balsamic vinegar and olive oil. The Square's wine list - wine bible, really - runs to 80 pages of the world's finest.
Sample dinner menu
- Velouté of field mushrooms with a soft poached egg yolk and a truffled brioche roulade
- Sauté of scottish langoustine tails with parmesan gnocchi, trompettes de la mort and an emulsion of potato and truffle (£5.00 supplement)
- Parfait of foie gras and chicken livers with salted peanut brittle and apple chutney
- Warm salad of oxtail and snails with roasted bone marrow, grilled cauliflower and a friture of vegetables
Other starters are available.
- Roulade of Dover sole and langoustine claws 'véronique'
- Roast pigeon from Bresse with creamed cabbage, 'pommes rossini' and Madeira
- Loin of smoked West Country fallow deer with crushed celeriac and a vinaigrette of beetroot, green peppercorns, pickled pear and walnut oil
- Roast calves sweetbreads with a feuillantine of onions and tongue and a sauté of kidneys with mustard
- Roast leg of Pyrenean lamb with thyme and garlic (for 2 persons, £5.00 supplement per person)
- Breast of chicken with truffled farfalle, chanterelles, salsify and cauliflower
Other main courses are available.
- Cocoa crème brûlée with griottine cherries and kirsch ice cream
- Brillat-savarin and blood orange cheesecake with a terrine of rhubarb and mascarpone
- Soup of tropical fruits with jellies, sorbets, crisps and shakes
- Assiette of chocolate: bitter, milk and white - hot, warm and cold
Other desserts are available.
6 - 10 Bruton Street, Mayfair, W1J 6PU
Three courses £65.00 per person
£75 - £84
Mon - Fri: 12pm - 2:45pm & 6:30pm - 10:45pm
Sat: 6:30pm - 10:45pm
Sun 6:30pm - 10pm