Fresh from the success of the original Viktor in St Petersburg, Lubov Shurmer and her daughter have brought to Knightsbridge an exotic, modern Japanese restaurant. Upstairs holds its head high with refinement and attention to detail. The swanky, newly-refurbished restaurant and bar done in rich woods and luscious reds offers flashes of vivacity in an otherwise grown-up atmosphere are well suited to the local smart set (which includes Japanese regulars, a seal of approval if ever there was one). The menu is lead by the expertise of Chef Uji, who has wowed with his culinary masterstrokes in New York, Dubai and Tokyo, and features an eclectic selection of old favourites and modern surprises, peppered with luxurious twists. Start off with a sushi trio new style which includes eel with foie gras, and on to an amazing array of top-drawer sushi and sashimi. A lovely confit of duck leg served with poached pear in sake and orange sauce tops the list of our favourite mains. The only tsarist touches come with the caviar generously dolloped on top of some beautiful sushi. Delicate desserts will soothe your extended belly. Pop down to the seductively candlelit and newly revamped Vbar for a wide selection of creative cocktails and a great wine list.
Sample a la carte
- Noodles trio (green tea, plum and corn noodles with soba sauce £8)
- Sashimi trio new style (salmon- 2 piece, tuna; 2 piece, yellowtail; 2 piece, warm yuzu) £13
- Almond honey shrimp tempura (3pc prawn, 1pc asparagus fried with almonds and honey) £8
- Negimaki beef rolll (beef roll with carrot, scallion, asparagus (teriyaki sauce)) £13.50
Other starters are available.
- Pork 'Tonkatsu" (deep fried pork steak served with fried vegetables (carrot, daikon, asparagus))£15
- Viktor salmon (8pc - avocado, cucumber, tobiko, salmon on top) £10.00
- Duck leg sake (confit of duck leg served with poached pear in sake and orange sauce) £17.00
- Fois gras special £22 .00
- Octopus sushi tako £4.00
- Vegetable Viktor (4pc, avocado, tomato, red pepper in cucumber (no rice))
Other main courses are available.
- A selection of desserts is available.
116 Knightsbridge, SW1X 7PG
£35 - £45 (€49 - €63)
Mon - Sat 12 noon - 3pm & 6pm - 11pm