About The Lonsdale
The lovely Lonsdale has earned itself an award-winning reputation since opening at the end of 2002. How? It looks like no other bar or restaurant you’ve ever seen - a cross between Sixties retro funk and the inside of a spaceship describes it best. Opened by Henry Besant who used to preside over the bars at the Sanderson and St Martins Lane, and now managed by Phillip Jeffrey, formerly of the GE Club and Hugo's Lounge in Sydney. Knowing precisely which style boxes to tick, they’ve created a sophisticated, chilled space. A highlight of the uniquely classic menu is the Confit of chicken, foie gras and wild mushroom sausage roll with artichoke purée and truffle sauce. With a menu featuring an array of small dishes, you’re encouraged to eat three or four dishes in a sitting, ensuring ample time and room to savour your choice from Dick and Henry’s 60-strong cocktail list (we especially like the Rose Petal Martini). At weekends expect a poser-ish crowd... from fashionable Notting Hillbillies to brogue-wearing City boys hoping the cool will rub off on them.Please be aware that dinner menu is slightly reduced on Sunday and Monday nights. Dinner bookings have a two hour time slot - although they will try to let you keep the table longer if possible. Usually open until midnight, but on Friday and Saturday nights until 1am. A 2am license can be applied for, for private parties.
Sample a la carte
- Warm salad of Doreen's black pudding, poached duck egg and bitter leaves
- Marinated crayfish tails, aioli, rocket and roasted tomatoes
- Sweet and sour aubergines, creamed caprino goats cheese and celery leaf
Other starters are available.
- Breast of 'St Georges' chicken, truffle oil mash, wilted garlic greens and thyme jus
- Pan fried salmon, braised black beans, cherry tomatoes, and coriander gremolata
- Galette of roasted and grilled vegetables, pesto and bitter leaves
- Tataki of yellow fin tuna, Japanese vegetables, pickles and wasabi £5.75
- Fillet of Welsh black beef, pomme fondant and horseradish chantilly £7.50
- Baked new potatoes, sour cream and golden caviar £4.95
Other main courses are available.
- Double chocolate fudge brownie
- Sticky toffee pudding
- Pink champagne rhubarb crumble, pine nuts and thyme
- Lonsdale Cheese plate
Other desserts are available.
48 Lonsdale Road, W11 2DE
Notting Hill Gate
2 Courses £19.50
3 Courses £24.00
£25 - £34
Mon - Sat 7pm - 12am