About Malmaison Brasserie
Malmaison likes to style itself as ubercool and we not only agree, we would also add ubersexy. Downstairs in the Malmaison Hotel in Clerkenwell, the Malmaison Brasserie is beautifully chic and contemporary with mood-enhancing downlighting and a lively atmosphere.
The menu is modern British, again with the emphasis on modern. Try starter of malmaison eggs benedict, then perhaps something from the grill like grilled whole black bream with preserved lemon and tzatziki with sauce vierge, and pud of banana iced parfait with caramelised banana.
The wine list is very strong and the service very good. This is wonderful dating, anniversary, or impressive business entertaining.
Sample a la carte
- Seared baby squid & chorizo £6.50
- Smoked haddock cullen skink £5.45
- Seared scallops and clonakilty black pudding £7.95
- Terrine of chicken, sweetbreads and foie gras £7.25
Other starters are available
- Whole baked rainbow trout, haricot verts, sultanas and almonds £12.50
- Salmon and cod fishcake, buttered spinach and sorrel sauce £14.25
- Barbarry duck breast with black cherry sauce cider, fondant potato £15.50
- Roast guinea fowl confit leg, morel veloute £15.50
- Open ravioli of lobster, tomato and fennel nage £14.95
- 'Whole roast spring chicken Dijon',
pommes mousseline and roasting juices £14.95
Other main courses are available
- Steamed blueberry sponge, crème fraiche £5.95
- Lemon syllabub, champagne rhubarb £5.95
- Crème brûlée £5.95
- Warm flourless chocolate cake, orange and cranberry compôte £5.95
Other desserts are available.
18 - 21 Charterhouse Square, EC1M 6AH
A discretionary 10% service charge will be added to your bill.
£25 - £34
Mon - Fri 12pm - 2:30pm & 6pm - 10:30pm
Sat 6pm - 10:30pm
Sun 12pm - 2:30pm & 6pm - 10:30pm