Newish restaurant and bar catering to the City crowd, in the Chartered Accountants’ Hall. Esca has a wine bar for light meals and the lovely main restaurant. The interior is stylish, light and modern with plenty of space between tables and the service is consistently good. Excellent private dining facilities for between 2 - 400 guests make this an ideal location for functions.
Terrine of red mullet and monkfish with saffron dressing. Smoked haddock topped with Welsh rarebit on a beef, tomato and basil salad. Esca fishcake with creamed spinach and nuntua sauce. Braised lamb shank with vegetables and gratin dauphinois potatoes. Sticky toffee pudding with toffee sauce.
Sample a la carte
- Risotto of pea with pavé of hot smoked Scottish salmon £7.00
- Cornish crab and lobster bisque with crab and nori pasta £7.25
- Cajun spiced veal loin with rocket salad, parmesan crisp and trumpet noir dressing £7.25
- Roasted goats cheese salad with marinated artichokes and Parma ham £6.50
Other starters are available.
- Red mullet and monkfish bouillabaisse with wilted spinach baby vegetables and saffron potatoes £18.50
- Roasted haddock fillet with girole and puy lentil fondue and split butter jus £17.50
- Fillet of halibut with Venus clam and garlic frog's legs £18.75
- Breast of duck with potato rösti, braised red cabbage and juniper berry sauce £19.50
- Roasted corn fed chicken breast bayaldi with aubergine polenta and whisky cream sauce £18.50
- Twice baked leek and gruyère soufflé with braised chicory and wild mushroom salad £16.75
Other main courses are available.
- Brioche panna cotta with Mandarin sorbet and basil dressing £6.50
- Bitter chocolate tart with cardamom caramel and mascarpone £6.50
- Apple tart tatin with caramel ice cream and honey comb dust £6.50
- Mango parfait with caramelised mango cheeks and vanilla foam £6.50
Other desserts are available.
Esca have 9 special dining rooms for those special occasions. As well as excellent food, flowers, place cards, theming, guest speakers and entertainment can also be arranged.
Moorgate Place, Moorgate, EC2R 6EA
£25 - £34
Mon - Fri 12pm - 2.30pm
Closed Bank Holidays