About Kai Mayfair
If you're fed up of the same old Chinese food book yourself a table at Mayfair's Kai. With a raft of awards to its name, Kai is the last word in inventive Oriental cooking. Behind an interior which owes more than a little to the world of designer boutique you'll find understatedly gorgeous rooms, oozing style yet as welcoming as a favourite friend's dining room. Simple striped upholstery sets off decadent chandeliers while the most classic white tablecloths are a foil to gleaming marble tiles and wrought iron balustrading. Meanwhile the menu offers in equal measure recognisable flavours and exciting new ideas; the very thing which keeps you coming back time and time again.
Sample a la carte
- Tan-jia's lobster broth (a specialty of our chef best described as an oriental interpretation of the classic lobster bisque) £18
- Oriental lamb shank (pulled off the bone, cooked in a 12 ingredient marinade and topped with a rich chicken & garlic crème layer. Lamb shank is often served in very large, filling portions. This however, is an appetiser sized amount designed as a prelude to a fulfilling meal) £14
- Wasabi prawns (king prawns with a spicy wasabi infused mayonnaise alongside little cubes of sweet mango & basil seed) £21
- Soft-shelled crab with julienne green mango deep fried with a crispy coating of spiced batter, garlic, chili, shallots and peppercorns served with julienne young, green mango £14
Other starters are available.
- Szechuan chicken cashew nuts (pan-fried slices of chicken laced with dried chilies, spring onions, cashew nuts and crisp seaweed in a dark soya sauce) £16
- Steamed Chilean seabass fillet chopped snow leaf topped with shrimp crumble £32
- Stuffed aubergines (aubergines stuffed with finely chopped prawns and pan-fried in a fragrant & savoury black bean sauce) £20
- Sirloin with black pepper, garlic flakes and sliced chinese croissant highly marbled beccleuch beef cut into cubes instead of the usual the traditional slices £26
- Lamb with ginger, spring onions & oyster sauce £24
- Roasted pork belly (slightly fatty roasted pork belly balanced with crisp julienne apple, fragrant mint leaves and a sesame, chili & rice wine sauce) £19
Other main courses are available.
- A selection of desserts are available.
65 South Audley Street, W1K 2QU
£55 - £64
Mon - Fri 12pm - 2:30pm & 6:30pm - 11pm
Sat 6:30pm - 11pm
Sun 6:30pm - 10:30pm