For a spot of Arabian nights visit Lebanese restaurant Ishbilia, in Knightsbridge. Attracts lots of business types at lunchtime but in the evening it is very romantic with low lights and stylish decor naturally enough from the Lebanon. Live Arabic music Thursday, Fridays and Saturdays in the winter and every day for the summer.
Hummous, tabouleh, moutabel - baked aubergine with sesame oil and lemon juice, grilled halloumi cheese on Lebanese bread, minced lamb served with toasted bread with yoghurt and pine nuts. Comprehensive wine list including the excellent Lebanese wine Chateau Musar.
Sample a la carte
- Aubergine fatoush (mixed salad with smoked aubergine, herbs, toasted Lebanese bread and a touch of garlic) £4.50
- Basturma (filet of dried beef in spices) £6.00
- Lamb sambousek (pastry stuffed with minced meat, onions and pine nuts) £4.00
- Jawaneh meshwiyeh or maklia (grilled or fried chicken wings in garlic sauce) £4.00
Other starters are available.
- Sea bass £19.00
- Mixed grill (lamb cubes, minced lamb, chicken cubes served with onions and tomatoes. £11.00)
- Kafta khashkhash (minced lamb, parsley, garlic, grilled on skewers, with a spicy tomato sauce) £11.50
- Shish taouk (boneless chicken meat cubes, marinated in garlic, lemon juice and olive oil, grilled on skewers) £11.00
- Kibbeh meshwieh (ground meat with crushed wheat, onions and red peppers, grilled on skewers) £11.00
- Fatteh bil hommous (toasted pieces of bread mixed with sesame oil, garlic and hummous) £8.00
Other main courses are available.
- Lebanese sweet £3.00
- Selection of fresh fruits £3.50
- Ice cream £4.00
9 William Street, Hyde Park Corner, SW1X 9HA
Hyde Park Corner
£25 - £34
Mon - Sun 12.00 - 11.30. Open Bank Holidays.