Glamorous, decadent, smart, and above all Scottish, Albannach is spread over three grand floors on Trafalgar Square. You enter via the vast main bar partly lit by a central chandelier fashioned from ebonised antlers. Level with this witty creation is an elegant mezzanine restaurant with a bird’s eye view over the bar. Up here the modern Caledonian menu is as fine as the scenery. Typical starters include pan fried black pudding with caramelised apples in thermidor sauce or Layered haggis neeps and tatties cake. Pick of the mains is arguably the roasted fillet of Buccleuch beef with stove potatoes, confit bay shallots with an artichoke purée. A long, long way from deep-fried Mars bars, desserts are a triumph. To drink? Choose from 140 malt whiskys and/or a strong wine list. Cocktails are best quaffed in the clandestine whisky and cocktail lounge in the vaults beneath the main bar.
Sample a la carte
- Six Scottish rock oysters three ways £10.50
- Lightly smoked wood pigeon, sprout & walnut salad, Scottish cherry wine sauce £8.00
- Roast scallops, crushed turnips, shellfish Scotch broth £10.50
- Trio of cured fish (tea & whisky cured salmon, smoked mackerel pâté, sardine esceveche) £7.00
- Wild mushroom risotto & Inverloch cheddar crisp £7.00
Other starters are available
- Steamed plaice, linguini, sautéed squat lobsters & purple broccoli £16.00
- Loin of Highland venison, thyme potato cake, parsnip purée £21.00
- Rib eye of Buccleuch beef, Dauphinois, cavalo nero, wild mushrooms £23.00
- Fillet of sea bass, crushed Jerusalem artichokes, mussels & oregano ragout £19.50
- Macsween Haggis, neeps and tatties £16.50
(vegetarian Haggis also available)
- Breast of duck, braised leg stuffed neck, Savoy cabbage, red onion purée £19.50
- Leek & highland blue cheese filo parcel £14.50
Other mains courses are available.
- Traditional Scottish Cranachan with shortbread £7.50
- Chocolate mousse, red wine roasted figs, crème fraiche £7.50
- Iced blood orange parfait with honeycomb £6.50
- Selection of Scottish cheeses with celery, homemade chutney and oat cakes(Dunsyre Blue, Inverloch Goats Cheese, Dunlop Cheddar, Arran Mist Brie) £8.50
Other desserts are available.
66 Trafalgar Square, WC2N 5DS
All prices are exclusive of 12.5% service charge
Where possible, Albannach sources its ingredients from Scotland. We work closely with our suppliers to ensure our food is GM free. Some of our dishes may contain Nut traces. Any games meats may also contain traces of shot. If you have any allergies or questions regarding our dishes please notify your server. All menu's subject to change
£25 - £34
Mon - Sat 12pm - 3pm & 5pm - 10pm
Strictly smart casual
Management reserves the right to refuse entry.